- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
The Sian Dragoons were formed when the first battalion of WAM-B BattleMechs were assigned to support armor regiments. As the BattleMech began to dominate the battlefield, the Dragoons increased their size until they were one of the largest CCAF commands. During the Age of War they were frequently seen on multiple battlefields, but other regiments were often flashier and the Dragoons' contributions were overlooked. With the formation of the SLDF, most of the Sian Dragoons units were disbanded, but some were re-created in 2765.
As part of the "Hidden Lion" initiative, Chancellor Daoshen Liao recreated the Sian Dragoons. They were first seen in combat during Operation GREAT FLOOD. The Strategios used the Sian Dragoons, broken down into battalion sized formations, as part of a large misdirection project. During the early part of GREAT FLOOD, the RAF was fooled into thinking that there were twelve regiments of Sian Dragoons. The Republic's intelligence service was able to correct this misconception in 3135 and discovered that there were only four active Dragoon regiments.
2nd Andurien War
Many regiments of the Sian Dragoons participated in the 2nd Andurien War.
The Sian Dragoons brigade was reformed sometime between 3113 and 3134 as one of the Hidden Lion brigades resurrected by Chancellor Daoshen Liao using stockpiled equipment. The new Sian Dragoons used the Augmented Regiment formations commonly found in the CCAF by 3145. They were the front-line regiments of the Tikonov Commonality.
Operation GREAT FLOOD
Their brigade participated in Operation GREAT FLOOD, where their appearance for their first active deployment they would continually use different regiment designation to make appearance that 4 regiment strong brigade was large than it already was. The regiment capture number of Republican worlds during the operation. While some of regiments acted as reinforcement, including participating in second battle of Tikonov, while securing additional worlds by hopping various trouble spots.
Operation CELESTIAL REWARD
While most of the Dragoons withdrew back to original postings, the 5th Dragoons were deployed in Operation CELESTIAL REWARD support against forces trying take Tikonov. They were also deployed other worlds in this oepration's area. This is where the regiment's unique attachment of ConstructionMechs were deployed to build fortifications to aide various holding the Confederation had captured during the operation.
|Commanding Officers of the Sian Dragoons|
Different per unit.
Units of the Sian Dragoons
The Sian Dragoons consisted of 17 regiments in 2765; the Sian Dragoons expanded significantly in the buildup to the First Succession War, with the Strategios adding seven new regiments to the brigade via the recruitment of Star League Defense Force personnel and units. More regiments of the Sian Dragoons were founded during the First Succession War, although a number of regiments were destroyed in action.
- First Sian Dragoons
- Second Sian Dragoons
- Third Sian Dragoonss
- Fourth Sian Dragoons
- Fifth Sian Dragoons
- Sixth Sian Dragoons
- Seventh Sian Dragoons
- Eighth Sian Dragoons
- Ninth Sian Dragoons
- Tenth Sian Dragoons
- Eleventh Sian Dragoons
- Twelfth Sian Dragoons
- Thirteenth Sian Dragoons
- Fourteenth Sian Dragoons
- Fifteenth Sian Dragoons
- Sixteenth Sian Dragoons
- Seventeenth Sian Dragoons
- Eighteenth Sian Dragoons
- Nineteenth Sian Dragoons
- Twentieth Sian Dragoons
- Twenty-first Sian Dragoons
- Twenty-second Sian Dragoons
- Twenty-third Sian Dragoons
- Twenty-Fourth Sian Dragoons
- Twenty-Fifth Sian Dragoons
- Twenty-Sixth Sian Dragoons
- Twenty-Seventh Sian Dragoons
Color Scheme and Unit Insignia
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation, p. 13
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 36, "Sian Dragoons" - Brigade information as of 3145
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 36
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 27, "General Review"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 28, "THE NEW OLD-FASHIONED WAY"
- First Succession War, p. 32, "Those Left Behind"
- First Succession War, p. 136, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces (CCAF)"