The Battle of Coventry (scenario pack)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
- This article is about the scenario pack. For the battle, see Battle of Coventry.
|The Battle of Coventry|
|Primary writing||Thomas S. Gressman|
|Cover artwork||Les Dorscheid|
|Era||Clan Invasion era|
After the deaths of Khans Vandervahn Chistu and Elias Crichell, Marthe Pryde ordered Clan Jade Falcon to attack the Lyran Alliance in order to both train her new warriors and demonstrate to the other Clans that the Falcons were not easy prey. She saw this as vital because the Jade Falcon touman was still recovering from the Refusal War. By sending her newest troops against the Spheroids, she would provide them with considerable real-world experience and forestall any takeover attempts by other Clans. Ultimately they landed on Coventry, an important Lyran world.
To force them off the planet, Katherine Steiner-Davion hired several mercenary units, including the Waco Rangers, Wolf's Dragoons Delta and Gamma regiments, and the Eridani Light Horse's 71st Light Horse regiment. These units were pinned on the world until Victor Steiner-Davion led a multi-national task force to break the Jade Falcon's hold on the world. Ultimately the Harloc Raiders, Knights of the Inner Sphere, 11th Lyran Guards, Wolf's Dragoons Alpha, Beta, and Epsilon regiments, 1st Genyosha, 1st St. Ives Lancers, ComStar's Invader Galaxy, and the Davion Heavy Guards RCT all landed on the planet and pushed the Falcons off-world.
From the back cover
|“|| A failed alliance tears a nation apart. Ancient rivals join forces. The winds of change are blasting across the worlds of the Inner Sphere, and the battle for Coventry is the center of the storm!
In early 3058, following the disastrous Trial of Refusal with Clan Wolf, Clan Jade Falcon launches a brutal campaign against the Lyran Alliance to regain its status among the invading Clans. As the Lyran Alliance tries desperately to marshal the necessary troops to stop this invasion at Coventry, military forces from all the major powers in the Inner Sphere converge on the war-torn planet. With massive troops poised on both sides of the conflict, the battle for Coventry threatens to explode into an all-out war with the Clans once again! Will the Truce of Tukayyid hold?
The Battle of Coventry is a BattleTech scenario pack that describes the savage conflict between Clan Jade Falcon and defending forces of the Inner Sphere on the planet Coventry. A detailed description of the hard-fought battle, along with seventeen scenarios and special campaign rules, allows players to recreate the events that unfolded in the BattleTech novel Malicious Intent—and perhaps even change the course of history.
- Learning to fly
- Seeds of Invasion
- Proving Grounds
- The Battle of Coventry
- Scenario 1: The Falcon Strikes
- Scenario 2: On-the-Job Training
- Scenario 3: First Fire
- Scenario 4: Night Strike
- Scenario 5: Hide and Seek
- Scenario 6: Supply and Demand
- Scenario 7: Inelegant Brawl
- Scenario 8: Horror Show
- Scenario 9: Ground Zero
- Scenario 10: Runaway
- Scenario 11: Falcon's Nest
- Scenario 12: Ambush!
- Scenario 13: Rescue and Pursuit
- Scenario 14: The Wolf Bites Back
- Scenario 15: The Vise Tightens
- Scenario 16: Charging the Light Horse
- Scenario 17: Stormy Skies
- Cougar A detailed technical readout of the newly fielded Cougar Clan 'Mech.