|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Citizens' Honored|
The Homeworld of Harloc Raiders is Second Try. Raised on Harloc in 3053 as a Capellan line unit after one battalion of FWL BattleMechs was gifted to Sun Tzu Liao by Thomas Marik as part of Isis Marik's dowry. They were released to mercenary service in 3054 when they were discovered on a FWL world.
The CCAF's addition to the Operation Bulldog forces was inserted onto Wolcott along with the Red Lancers. While forces rotated in and out to face Clan Smoke Jaguar feints and assault their worlds, the Harloc Raiders remained on Wolcott with the First Robinson Rangers until the end of Wave 4, when they were tapped to launch strikes into the Clan-held Periphery. 
Xin Sheng Campaign
Re-stationed on Second Try. Then 3066 trials began between House Liao and House Marik. The Ambermarle's Highlanders and the Second McCarron's Armored Cavalry attacks Zion, the Steel Guard on Asuncion began loudly debating whether to go to the Third Guard's assistance or wait for orders to assault the Confederation. The Raiders jumped over the border to hit the Steel Guard and giving the Highlanders time to withdraw.
The Harloc Raiders fought on Zurich and New Aragon and joined the final assault on Pleione in 3077. This assault was so successful that the system fell to the Capellan Confederation. Joining the Harlock Raiders in the assault on Pleione in June were Warrior House Hiritsu and Roman's Mounted Fusiliers. After this the Raiders redeployed to Algot.
Escaping complete destruction during Operation GOLDEN FORTRESS - unlike many of their counterparts in the Capellan Brigade - the Harloc Raiders served the Confederation extremely well in the conflict, but despite the Raiders' performance the unit was nearly destroyed as a result. The Raiders served alongside Lockhardt's Ironsides throughout the GOLDEN FORTRESS campaign, the differing temperaments and tactical doctrines of the two units complimenting each other,  working particularly effectively together during the battle for Yangtze in 3081 when the Raiders and the Ironsides forces the Second and Third Republic Auxiliaries to retreat, but ultimately even their highly effective performance couldn't prevent the destruction of most of the unit.
Those members of the Raiders who survived the campaign were granted citizenship in reward for their excellent service, and many transferred out of the Raiders and into Lockhardt's Ironsides, or, failing that, other units within the Citizens' Honored brigade. Perhaps unusually, the Strategios elected not to disband the Raiders; instead, the unit was retained as a foreign legion within the CCAF, based around the surviving command staff of the original unit. The CCAF called for volunteers to join the Raiders and rebuild the unit, issuing the call not just within the Confederation but across known space; despite the potentially undesirable nature of service in the Raiders working for leadership of dubious virtue, applications to join the raiders flooded in. A large part of those who volunteered to serve were pirates or bandits from the Periphery looking for regular employment or former mercenaries.
During Operation CELESTIAL REWARD, the Raiders helped pin down units in the Capellan March rimward of the operations area. They achieved their primary objective, however suffered significant casualties in the Sirdar system when air assets of the Sirdar Capellan March Militia ambushed and destroyed several Raiders’ DropShips.
|Commanding Officers of the Harloc Raiders|
|Sang-shao||Wu Kang Kuo||3056 to at least 3059|
|Sang-shao||Wu Deng Tang||3063 - 3085|
Harloc Raiders are familiar with, but not wedded to, traditional Capellan combat doctrine which often allowed the Raiders to surprise their opponents with tactics other Capellan regiments wouldn’t have used. This is one of the advantages the Confederation has gained by sending them abroad as a part of the Operation Bulldog.
They are fond of creating ambushes for the enemy by sending out lone light or medium mechs as a bait, which then lead the enemy right to the rest of the unit. They also excel at hit and run tactics and prefer raiding or defense to major assaults.
Harloc Raiders (Regiment/Regular/Reliable) 
3063 to 3067
- CO: Sang-shao Wu Deng Tang
- XO/1st Battalion: Zhong-shao Mah De Dan
- 2nd Battalion: Zhong-shao Michael Zabkar
- 3rd Battalion: Zhong-shao Adam Olsen
- Equipped with C3
- Wing Commander: Kong-zhong-shao Shannon Delaney
- Armor Commander: Zhong-shao Thomas Kent
Harloc Raiders (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Sang-shao Wu Deng Tang
Harloc's Corsairs (Wing/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Wen Yuen
Third Harloc Brigade (Battalion/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Otto Hughes
- - By this point the Raiders were based on Mandate and had only managed to rebuild to one quarter of full strength, although the Corsairs had managed to reach forty-five percent strength and the Third were operating at fifty-five percent of full strength. 
Harloc Raiders (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Sang-shao Rex Song
Harloc's Corsairs (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Aldo Hanssen
Third Harloc Brigade (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Carling Salgado
Harloc Foot Auxiliary (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Julia Arreguin
- Shattered Sphere, p. 67
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 99, "Harloc Raiders Unit Profile"
- Shattered Sphere, p. 40
- The Dragon Roars, Pg. 11
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 119
- Field Manual: Update, p. 28, "Harloc Raiders"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 17
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 77-78, "Pleione Secured"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 32, "Harloc Raiders"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 27, "Lockhardt's Ironsides"
- Assumption of Risk, p. 60
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, p. 107
- Field Manual: Update, p. 33, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 34, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 46, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3145"
- "Era Report: 3062", p.49,"Harolc Raiders(Wandering the Stars)"
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p.99