2nd Jaguar Guards (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
|2nd Jaguar Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3060)|
|Nickname||The Striking Cats|
|Parent Formation||Beta Galaxy|
The 2nd Jaguar Guards was a front line Cluster of Clan Smoke Jaguar.
The Cluster was relegated to rear area duties and escort missions in the early stages of the invasion, but fought hard on Tukayyid partly in response to their earlier inactivity. it is not specified which Galaxy the Guards were attached to in 3050, however by 3052 it is clearly Beta Galaxy.
During the fighting in the Racice Delta with Beta Galaxy they suffered horrendous casualties, with barely two Stars of MechWarriors and Elementals returning from facing the ComGuards.
Inner Sphere forces had attacked the Nova Cat held portion of Caripare of May 3059. In June elements of the ComGuard's Seventy-ninth Division and the First Shin Legion supported by Nova Cat Clusters moved against the Second Guards' holdings. Seeing the collusion between Nova Cats and Second Star League the Guards Trinaries offered only token resistance, deploying a mixed Nova led by Star Commander Tomas as a rearguard, before they pulled back to join the rest of their Cluster on Schuyler. Tomas positioned her Star of Salamanders in the wooded Trevorton Mountains. Using walls of flame to conceal their troop movements and funnel and ambush the Inner Sphere attackers, they delayed the forces sent against them for over four hours. Only two Salamanders survived the fighting.
Seeing a very strong concentration of force from the Inner Sphere had landed on Schuyler in August 3059, the Guards along with the Fourth Jaguar Regulars began a fighting retreat to more favourable ground. For three days they retreated until eventually they took up defensive positions in the Mitsuhama Ridge, forming a line of battle. Their opponents the Davion Heavy Guards took up an attacking position to the east while on the western flank was the First Genyosha, in the centre was the Tenth Lyran Guards under the command of Prince Victor Steiner-Davion. It was the Lyran unit that attacked first on the 13th August with an aim to break the Clan's line. The Jaguars used the terrain to their advantage and the weakest point in the centre was held by a full Trinary of mixed BattleMechs and OnmiMechs from the Fourth Jaguar Regulars. This is the point that the Tenth pinpointed for its assault. Unknown to Prince Victor was that this defile was held only by an Omega Star that sold their lives dearly allowing the bulk of the Clan forces on planet to escape.
Elements of the 2nd Jaguar Guards Cluster formed part of Hang Mehta's forces on Huntress in 3060,  where they were finally wiped out.
- Star Colonel Jefferson DesCastris 30??-3059 
- Star Captain Michael Myers 30??-3059 - Trinary Command 
- Star Captain Wayne Komolosi 30??-3059 - First Trinary Assault 
- Star Captain Ellen Stiles 30??-3059 - Second Trinary Assault 
- Star Captain Roman Perez 30??-3059 - Trinary Striker
- Star Captain Leslie Kotare 30??-3059 - Aerospace Trinary 
- Star Captain Nicholas Furey 30??-3059 - Binary Elemental 
They act as the Galaxy's trouble-shooters and are prepared for every eventuality.
- Trinary Alpha
- Trinary Bravo
- Trinary Charlie
- Trinary Delta
- Trinary Command - (15 OmniMechs)
- First Trinary Assault - 15 OmniMechs)
- Aerospace Trinary - (30 OmniFighters)
- Binary Elemental - (50 Elementals)
- Second Trinary Assault - (15 OmniMechs)
- Trinary Striker - (15 OmniMechs) 
- In 3059 the Guards deployed a mixed Nova as a rearguard during the withdrawal from Caripare that included a Star of Salamander battle armour.
They are immune to Force the Initiative and Overrun Combat. 
- Not mentioned in the early stages of Operation Revival it is possible they were assigned to Beta Galaxy after the disgrace of the 3rd Attack Cluster early in the campaign at Turtle Bay.
- Era Report: 3062, p. 62
- Invading Clans, p. 121
- Objective Raids, p. 34
- The Dragon Roars, p. 24
- Technical Readout 3058: Upgrade, p.46
- The Dragon Roars, p. 44
- Grave Covenant, p. 296-302
- The Dragon Roars, p. 50-51
- Shadows of War, p.52
- Invading Clans, p. 71
- Era Report: 3056, p. 144