4th Sword of Light
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|4th Sword of Light BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||"The Jade Dragon" |
|Parent Formation||Sword of Light|
During the War of Davion Succession the Fourth led the 2725 attack on Marduk, fighting alongside the 11th Benjamin Regulars, 14th Benjamin Regulars, 1st Galedon Regulars and 8th Galedon Regulars. The assault was successful, and Marduk fell to the Combine. The Fourth then went on to Breed, facing two militia regiments and the remains of the 4th Davion Guards. The Fourth Davion Guards were nearly destroyed, and the world surrendered. During this time, the Fourth employed a new Stalker variant.
Second Succession War
During the Second Succession War, Coordinator Yoguchi Kurita selected the elite Fourth and three other lesser conventional regiments to accompany him in the defense of the Combine-held farming world of Tishomingo ahead of an expected Davion invasion. Yoguchi was unaware however that food and water shortages on Federated Suns worlds near the Davion-Combine border had grown so severe that the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns invasion force would consist of twenty regiments, four of which were BattleMech formations. Heavily outnumbered, the Combine defense quickly collapsed when a AFFS 'Mech battalion made a daring drop against Yoguchi's headquarters and forcing him to desperately flee into the surrounding heavy forests, his second-in-command convinced the Coordinator had been killed and reporting this back to Luthien. Though Yoguchi would ultimately survive, the grossly outnumbered Fourth was destroyed to the last man, with the Davion forces defeating the last surviving 'Mech of the Fourth Sword of Light within a month. 
The Fourth was reformed shortly after the Second regiment was by Coordinator Vincent Kurita. The DCMS High Command quickly transferred in the best soldiers they could and the Fourth rejoined the Dragon's Claws.
|Commanding Officers of the 4th Sword of Light|
The Fourth Sword of Light was skilled in open field combat.
4th Sword of Light (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Tai-sa Jean-Phillipe Aristide
11th Pesht Aerospace (Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Sho-sa Cory Maldonado
3rd Pesht Cavalry (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Isabelle Martinez
3rd Bjarred Infantry (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Jami Caldian
The Fourth Sword of Light was skilled in open field combat. During the Star League era, if half of the maps used in the scenario are listed on the Flatlands Terrain Table (rounding down), the Fourth receives a +2 Initiative bonus and the Overrun Combat special ability.
- Field Report 2765: Draconis Combine, p. 8
- Era Report: 2750, p. 42
- Era Report: 2750, p. 29
- Era Report: 2750, p. 129
- Era Report: 2750, p. 31
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), pp. 69, "History - Second Succession War - Divine Sacrifice"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), pp. 72-73 "History - Second Succession War - Tishomingo"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 58 "Fourth Sword of Light"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 67, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3145"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 141