|Manufacturer||WC Site 1|
|Chassis||Type AR1 Endo Steel|
|Engine||Light Force (Extralight) 280|
|Communications System||HWLR Designation ComSys|
|Targeting Tracking System||Hunter (7) Dedicated TTS|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
 Description - Battlemech
Originally conceived as a test-bed for a future OmniMech, the Arctic Wolf BattleMech was produced on Arc-Royal by Clan Wolf-in-Exile to both bolster the Clan's touman and work out the kinks in production of its Omni-Pod at the same time. Like the Pack Hunter, some materials used in the design were obtained from the Kell Hounds, though the design is Clan-tech in every way that matters. This fast medium 'Mech is designed to close quickly and unleash over forty short-range missiles at an opponent before withdrawing just as quickly. The ten double heat sinks can be overwhelmed, but only if a MechWarrior insists on staying in the fight or going full-tilt for long periods. The Arctic Wolf is protected by six tons of standard armor.
The design of the Arctic Wolf is simple: get close, unleash a torrent of missiles, and get out. To do this, it is armed with six Type 1 SRM Six-Shooters and two Type 1 Cross-Pattern SRM-4 Launchers. Aiding the accuracy of these missiles is the Tracker Series Narc Missile Beacon. The Arctic Wolf also boasts an impressive four tons of ammunition for its launchers.
- Arctic Wolf 2 - The one variant replaces the SRM-4s and two SRM-6s with an Alpha Series Large Pulse Laser. This gives the 'Mech some long-range capability and provides it with a punch weapon, as well as increased accuracy and a reduction on ammunition dependency. BV (1.0) = 1,207, BV (2.0) = 1,511
 OmniMech Version
Finally introduced in the lead-up to the Jihad, the OmniMech version of the 'Mech is a refinement of the design. While retaining the Endo Steel chassis and ten double heat sinks, the Omni version is now clad in Ferro-Fibrous Armor for increased armor protection. To increase pod space, it is equipped with a smaller engine, making it slower than its parent design with a maximum speed of 90 km/ph. Due to problems, production of the OmniMech version ceased in 3074 in favor of the completely new and redesigned OmniMech, the Arctic Wolf II.
- Prime Config. - The Prime is based on the original Arctic Wolf, but the extra space allows it to switch to four SRM 6 Launchers with four tons of CASE protected ammunition. The Arctic Wolf Prime has also been fitted with Jump Jets. BV (2.0) = 1,641
- Alt. Config. A - Also introduced in the 3060s, this configuration is principally armed with a pair of shoulder mounted LRM 15 Launchers with four tons ammunition. For close-range fighting, the 'Mech utilizes a paired of SRM 6 launcher with an accompanying Small Pulse Laser in each arm. For added protection, the 'Mech is fitted with an ECM Suite. BV (2.0) = 1,587
- Alt. Config. J - Created during the Jihad, this configurations main weapon is a Plasma Cannon provided with one ton of ammunition. Backing it up are four Streak SRM 4 Launchers in the arms and shoulders. The 'Mech also sports a single Heavy Medium Laser in its left arm. As with the A configuration, the Arctic Wolf also has an ECM Suite fitted in the right shoulder to add to its protection from sophisticated weaponry. BV (2.0) = 1,786
The Arctic Wolf OmniMech was later used as the basis for the Arctic Wolf II.
- ↑ MUL online date for the Arctic Wolf
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Combat Operations, p. 119
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 222
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, pp. 224-226 - Arctic Wolf Prime - design shown to be OmniMech design mention in original fluff.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 50 - info on Old OmniMech being discontinued in favor of better design.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unbridged, p. 224 - Artic Wolf Prime
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 225 - A configuration A for the new Arctic Wolf OmniMech.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 226 - Jihad era J configuration of the Arctic Wolf