- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Meet the competitive leagues of MechWarrior Online
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||WC Site 1|
|Chassis||Type AR1 Endo Steel|
|Engine||Light Force (Extralight) 280|
|Communications System||HWLR Designation ComSys|
|Targeting Tracking System||Hunter (7) Dedicated TTS|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
Description - Battlemech
Originally conceived as a test-bed for a future OmniMech, the Arctic Wolf BattleMech was produced on Arc-Royal by Clan Wolf-in-Exile to both bolster the Clan's touman and work out the kinks in production of its Omni-Pod at the same time. Like the Pack Hunter, some materials used in the design were obtained from the Kell Hounds, though the design is Clan-tech in every way that matters. This fast medium 'Mech is designed to close quickly and unleash over forty short-range missiles at an opponent before withdrawing just as quickly. The ten double heat sinks can be overwhelmed, but only if a MechWarrior insists on staying in the fight or going full-tilt for long periods. The Arctic Wolf is protected by six tons of standard armor.
Weapons and Equipment
The design of the Arctic Wolf is simple: get close, unleash a torrent of missiles, and get out. To do this, it is armed with six Type 1 SRM Six-Shooters and two Type 1 Cross-Pattern SRM-4 Launchers. Aiding the accuracy of these missiles is the Tracker Series Narc Missile Beacon. The Arctic Wolf also boasts an impressive four tons of ammunition for its launchers.
Finally introduced in the lead-up to the Jihad, the OmniMech version of the 'Mech is a refinement of the design. While retaining the Endo Steel chassis and ten double heat sinks, the Omni version is now clad in Ferro-Fibrous Armor for increased armor protection. To increase pod space, it is equipped with a smaller engine, making it slower than its parent design with a maximum speed of 90 km/ph. Due to problems, production of the OmniMech version ceased in 3074 in favor of the completely new and redesigned OmniMech, the Arctic Wolf II.
- Alt. Config. A
- Also introduced in the 3060s, this configuration is principally armed with a pair of shoulder mounted LRM 15 Launchers with four tons ammunition. For close-range fighting, the 'Mech utilizes a paired of SRM 6 launcher with an accompanying Small Pulse Laser in each arm. For added protection, the 'Mech is fitted with an ECM Suite. BV (2.0) = 1,587
- Alt. Config. J
- Created during the Jihad, this configurations main weapon is a Plasma Cannon provided with one ton of ammunition. Backing it up are four Streak SRM 4 Launchers in the arms and shoulders. The 'Mech also sports a single Heavy Medium Laser in its left arm. As with the A configuration, the Arctic Wolf also has an ECM Suite fitted in the right shoulder to add to its protection from sophisticated weaponry. BV (2.0) = 1,786
The Arctic Wolf OmniMech was later used as the basis for the Arctic Wolf II.
MechWarrior 4 version of the Arctic Wolf
- MUL online date for the Arctic Wolf
- Combat Operations, p. 119
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 222
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, pp. 224-226 - Arctic Wolf Prime - design shown to be OmniMech design mention in original fluff.
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 50 - info on Old OmniMech being discontinued in favor of better design.
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unbridged, p. 224 - Artic Wolf Prime
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 225 - A configuration A for the new Arctic Wolf OmniMech.
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 226 - Jihad era J configuration of the Arctic Wolf
- Combat Operations
- Master Unit List
- Record Sheets: 3060
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged
- Technical Readout: 3060
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental