|Model||Avar - Prime|
|Frame||Kerensky Series 9|
|Power Plant||280 XL Engine|
|Communications System||LongTalk 2|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Mark IX TTS|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
First produced in 2899, while it only has average maneuverability and armor for its weight, the Avar OmniFighter is beloved more by commanders for being a solid workhorse design that gets the job done than by most of the pilots who actually fly them.
An older design, it is only through the requests of a handful of commanders that the Avar is still in service. Unlike the Vandal, which remains in service thanks to its highly specialized nature, the Avar's very lack of any specialty is what has saved it from being mothballed. The combination of moderate speed and a 14 tons of pod space gives commanders enormous flexibility in using this fighter, a classic example of the benefits of Omni-Pod technology.
The primary Avar configuration carries a nose-mounted Streak SRM-6, ER Large Laser and Medium Pulse Laser, supported by two more Medium Pulse Lasers split between the wings. Though only a single ton of missile reloads are carried, the efficiency of the Streak system mean this is usually sufficient for a single battle.
 Alternate Configurations
- Alt Config A - The A variant mounts an Artemis IV FCS enhanced LRM-20 launcher, supported by two extended range medium lasers mounted in each wing. A Medium Pulse Laser is mounted aft to discourage pursuit. BV (1.0) = 1,990, BV (2.0) = 2,151
- Alt Config B - The all laser carrying Avar B configuration is an excellent strafing vehicle. Twin Large Pulse Lasers are mounted in the nose, backed up by an ER medium laser mounted on each wing tip. BV (1.0) = 1,794, BV (2.0) = 2,142
- Alt Config C - The Avar C can also deliver a devastating short range assault, carrying twin SRM-6 packs in each wing supported by a nose mounted Narc Missile Beacon. Carrying two tons of SRM reloads but only a single ton of Narc pods, the C configurations carries a back-up in the form of three ER Medium Lasers, one on each wing tip and in the nose to supplement the missile launchers. BV (1.0) = 1,464, BV (2.0) = 1,747
- Alt Config D - A recent variation, the Avar D mounts two of the new ATM-9 launchers along with twin ER Medium Lasers in the nose. Only two tons of reloads forces the pilot to carefully select which of three ATM missile types to carry. BV (1.0) = 1,665, BV (2.0) = 1,765
- Alt Config E - Introduced during the Jihad, the Avar E carries an Active Probe in the nose alongside a Heavy Large Laser. Each wing carries a Streak SRM-4 pack. For rear defense, the Avar E carries four advanced Improved One Shot Streak SRM-2 missile launchers. BV (2.0) = 1,438
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 109
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 109
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 180, "Avar OmniFighter Profile"
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 46
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Master Unit List: Battle Values, p. 176
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 308
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Technical Readout: 3055, pp. 148-149, "Avar Fighter Profile"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Technical Readout: 3055 Revised, pp. 132-133, "Avar OmniFighter Profile"
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 47
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 309
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 48
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 310
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 49
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 311
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 312
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 313