|Manufacturer||Bergan Industries C-Division|
|Chassis||Bergan Version 8.4 Standard|
|Armor||Compound 12A1 Standard|
|Engine||320 Light Force XL|
|Communications System||Garret L30|
|Targeting Tracking System||RCA Instatrac Mark XII|
|Heat Sinks||14 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||Clan Standard Type A3|
The Bruin is a Clan Ghost Bear BattleMech produced at their Bergan Industries factory on Alshain. Its conception was to help unify and bolster the Inner Sphere economy while continuing integration with Clan Ghost Bear. The 'Mech began deployment in 3086.
The Bruin was designed by Bergen-C team, with mobility and psychological impact as the defining factors.
 Armaments and Capacities
The Bruins long-range firepower includes a right arm mounted Omega 12-coil Gauss Rifle and a center torso mounted Type X “Short Bow” LRM 10 Launcher. These two weapons give the 'Mech far reaching power, providing it the ability to penetrate an opponent's armor and damaging its interior equipment.
For its intermediate and short range brackets, the 'Mech is armed with a Clan Kolibri Delta Series Large Pulse Laser and an ER Medium Laser in each torso, along with a pair of similarly mounted Streak SRM 4 Launchers.
The 'Mech 320 rated Extra Light Fusion Engine allows the Bruin to achieve a respectable running speed of 64 kph. To enhance its movement, especially in rough terrain, it has been fitted with leg mounted Jump Jets.
- Bruin 2 - This variant was designed using lessons learned from the liberation of Terra from the Word of Blake. The Bruin 2 drops the Gauss Rifle and both Medium Lasers for 4 Large Pulse Lasers and a Ultra Class 5 Autocannon. Also added is a standard SRM 2 Launcher with inferno SRM missiles as ammunition. To augment the 'Mechs ability to handle infantry, it has been provided with Machine Guns. BV (2.0) = 2,200
- ↑ MUL online date for the Bruin
- ↑ Technical Readout :3085, pp. 172-173, "Bruin's Battle Value".
- ↑ , p. 172, "Bruin" - 'Mech background and stats.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 172, "Bruin Variants"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 248