- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Bergan Industries C-Division|
|Mass||80 tons[[Category:80 ton BattleMechs]]|
|Chassis||Bergan Version 8.4 Standard|
|Armor||Compound 12A1 Standard|
|Engine||320 Light Force XL|
|Communications System||Garret L30|
|Targeting Tracking System||RCA Instatrac Mark XII|
|Heat Sinks||14 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||Clan Standard Type A3|
The Bruin is a Clan Ghost Bear Assault Class BattleMech which was produced at the Dominion's Bergan Industries factory on Alshain. Its conception was to help unify and bolster the Inner Sphere economy while continuing integration with Clan Ghost Bear.
The Bruin was designed by Bergen-C team, with mobility and psychological impact as the defining factors.
Weapons and Equipment
The Bruin's long-range firepower includes a right arm mounted Omega 12-coil Gauss Rifle and a center torso mounted Type X “Short Bow” LRM 10 Launcher. These two weapons give the 'Mech far reaching power, providing it the ability to penetrate an opponent's armor and damaging its interior equipment.
For its intermediate and short range brackets, the 'Mech is armed with a Clan Kolibri Delta Series Large Pulse Laser in its left arm and an ER Medium Laser in each arm, along with a Streak SRM 4 Launchers in each torso.
The 'Mech 320 rated Extra Light Fusion Engine allows the Bruin to achieve a respectable running speed of 64 kph. To enhance its movement, especially in rough terrain, it has been fitted with leg mounted Jump Jets.
- Bruin 2
- This variant introduced in 3083 was designed using lessons learned from the liberation of Terra from the Word of Blake. The Bruin 2 drops the Gauss Rifle and both Medium Lasers to mount 2 Large Pulse Lasers and 2 Ultra Class 5 Autocannons. Also added is a standard SRM 2 Launcher with inferno SRM missiles as ammunition. To augment the 'Mech's ability to handle infantry, it has been provided with Machine Guns. BV (2.0) = 2,200