- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Mech type||Inner Sphere|
|Mass||50 tons[[Category:50 ton BattleMechs]]|
|Chassis||Corean Model OM77 Endo Steel|
|Engine||Magna 250 XL|
|Communications System||Corean Transband-J9|
|Targeting Tracking System||Corean FlexTech|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
The Centurion OmniMech was born out of a desire on the part of Corean Enterprises to expand the company's market share in the 3110s. Manufactured primarily at the Corean Enterprises' site on New Avalon and weighing in at 50 tons, the Centurion mounted a Magna 250 XL engine, allowing it to run at 86 km/h, and mounts nine and a half tons of standard armor. With ten fixed double heat sinks, the Centurion has 24 tons of pod space available, almost half the total weight of the 'Mech, and the most common variants of the Centurion echo the various variants of the original Centurion BattleMech developed over the centuries.
Weapons and Equipment
The Primary Configuration of the Centurion mounts an LB 10-X AC, two ER Medium Lasers and a single LRM 10 with Artemis IV FCS. The Primary Configuration carries two tons of ammunition for the autocannon and the LRM 10, stored in the right torso and protected by CASE II. While the weapons are more advanced, the configuration of those weapons matches that of the ubiquitous CN9-A Centurion, with the LB 10-X AC in the right arm, the LRM 10 in the left torso and the two ER Medium Lasers mounted in the center torso - one facing the rear.
- Alt. Config. A
- The Centurion A drops the rear-firing ER Medium Laser of the Primary Configuration, swaps the LB-X autocannon for a Rotary AC/5 and replaces the LRM with an MML 9, keeping the Artemis IV FCS in place. The Centurion A carries an additional ton of autocannon ammunition for the Rotary AC/5. BV (2.0) = 1,398.
- Alt. Config. B
- A more radical departure from the Primary Configuration than the Centurion A, the Centurion B drops the ER Medium Lasers completely, as well as the autocannon and LRM. Instead, the Centurion B mounts a Heavy PPC in the right arm and an MML 7 equipped with Artemis IV FCS in the left torso. A Targeting Computer in the center torso adds to the accuracy of the weapons load, and two tons of ammunition for the missile system are stored in the right torso and protected by CASE II. A ton of pod space is taken up with an additional Double Heat Sink, and mounted in the right torso is a Guardian ECM Suite. BV (2.0) = 1,430.
- Alt. Config. C
- The Centurion C retains the ER Medium Lasers and LRM system of the Primary Configuration, but removes the autocannon; in its place, the Centurion C carries a Plasma Rifle, with two tons of ammunition for the Rifle stored in the right arm along with the Rifle itself. While the LRM ammunition is still protected by CASE II, the 'Mech itself is protected by a Guardian ECM Suite located in the right torso. One of the most mobile configurations of the OmniMech, the Centurion C fills out the remaining pod space with five Jump Jets split across the three torso areas, and a C3 Slave Unit is used for sharing targeting information. BV (2.0) = 1,628.
- Alt. Config. D
- Very different in appearance to the other configurations, the Centurion D replaces the equipment loadout almost completely. Two ER Medium Lasers are mounted in the center torso, but both point forwards; an MML 9 in the right torso is supplied with two tons of CASE II-protected ammunition stored in the left torso, and a single ER Small Laser in the left torso protects the rear of the Centurion D. The Centurion D also mounts a Hatchet in the right arm and a Medium Shield on the left arm, with two jump jets in each of the left and right torsos to improve the 'Mech's mobility. BV (2.0) = 1,177.
- Alt. Config. E
- The fifth alternate configuration to be in common use by 3145, the Centurion E mounts fewer weapon systems than any of the others; two ER Medium Lasers are mounted in the center torso covering the forward arc, and mounted in the right arm is a mighty Gauss Rifle, with two tons of ammunition for the rifle stored in the right torso. The remaining pod space is filled with an Angel ECM Suite in the left torso and a Boosted C3 Slave Unit in the center torso. BV (2.0) = 1,515.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 40, "CN11-O Centurion"
- online date for the Centurion (OmniMech)
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 200
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 201
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 202
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 203
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 204
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 205