- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Innovative Design Concepts|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Armor||Durallex Light Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||LTV 400 XL Engine|
|Communications System||Tek BattleCom|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dalban HiRez II|
|Heat Sinks||11 Double heat sinks|
|Speed||86 km/h (97 km/h with TSM)|
The Cudgel is a Solaris VII BattleMech. By using an XL Engine, the designers kept the speed very high, on par with the Timber Wolf. To make the Cudgel even more effective, the designers fitted it with Triple Strength Myomer. When the heat rises high enough and the TSM activates, the Cudgel can use the movement profile of a 3025 Wasp. The TSM also makes the Claw and Mace more effective, doubling the damage the Cudgel inflicts when making a physical attack. To make sure the Claw and Mace are always available the ranged weapons are all mounted in the head and torso, freeing the arms for their close-combat duties.
Weapons and Equipment
The Cudgel's main weapons are its Claw and its Mace. These two weapons allow it to deliver devastating close-combat attacks, especially when amplified by its Triple Strength Myomer. For ranged attacks the 'Mech is equipped with five Magna Mk I Medium Lasers, two of which protect its backside, and four Magna Mk II ER Medium Lasers. As an afterthought, a single Magna Mk 1 Small Laser was installed, which protects its backside as well.
- IDC's original Cudgel design, introduced in 3053, had a top speed of 64 km/h and used MASC to boost speeds to 84km/h. This allowed the Cudgel to bring its ten Machine Guns and two Small Pulse Lasers to bear on its foe. An SRM 6 missile launcher was the only ranged weapon used by this version. BV (2.0)= 1,347 
- Charger - The Cudgel was made from a Charger chassis for close-range combat.