- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Ferro-Aluminum (FA) is an advanced type of armor developed by the Terran Hegemony and used primarily by Aerospace Fighters, as well as DropShips, JumpShips, WarShips and in one unusual instance, a ground vehicle. Similar in principle to Ferro-Fibrous armor, Ferro-Aluminum provides more protection per ton than standard armor plate in exchange for increased bulk, differing in the use of foamed aluminum which also provides benefits in bleeding off waste heat from planetary re-entry.
FA Armor is a Standard Rules piece of Equipment under the current system and was Rules Level 2 under the previous system. Armor of this type produced in the Inner Sphere has a Technology Rating of E while Clan produced armor has a Technology Rating of F. As with all combat vehicle armor types Ferro-Aluminum is assumed to have a Barrier Rating of 10.
Ferro-Aluminum armor is manufactured on the following planets:
- TechManual, p. 205, "Armor - Ferro-Fibrous/Ferro-Aluminum Armor"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 42-43, "CSR-F100 Picaroon"