- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Csesztreg Industriplex Alpha|
|Chassis||Model MH-26 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Compound H17 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Fusion 240 XL|
|Communications System||CH2 Series Integrated|
|Targeting Tracking System||Version Gamma-VTTS w/Light Active Probe|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||Light Series Mk. II w/Partial Wing|
|BV (2.0)||1,261 ('Mech only)|
The Incubus II BattleMech is a redesign of a staple second line Clan BattleMech, the Incubus. Clan Hell's Horses worked with Clan Wolf-in-Exile to develop the new machine. As the exiled Wolves were providing the raw materials and the Horses the technical knowledge, the Wolves had been given right of first refusal for produced units.
The Hells' Horses scientists chose the Incubus as their target because it is so highly regarded by the Clans. By focusing on one of the strengths of the original design - speed - they settled on a development direction. The use of a smaller engine reduced the top speed slightly, but additional jump jets allow the Incubus II to cover more ground in a jump. To further increase the distance traveled, the scientists have installed a Partial Wing. When in a standard atmosphere, the Incubus II can cover 330 meters in a single jump. The increased airflow through the heat sinks also improves the Incubus II's cooling system performance.
Weapons and Equipment
The Incubus II only has two torso-mounted ER Medium Pulse Lasers for offensive armament. A Laser AMS system was installed in the head to protect the pilot from missile attacks. The installation of more jump jets and the Partial Wing has reduced the available space for weaponry, but the Hell's Horses found an answer for that problem: They created several hand-held weapons systems that add additional firepower and provide commanders and pilots with some of the tactical flexibility of an OmniMech.
To date the following weapons packages have been observed:
- Medium Chemical Laser weapon - Mounts twin Medium Chemical Lasers, a half ton of armor, and a half ton of ammunition. BV (2.0) = 93
- Streak LRM weapon - Mounts a Streak LRM-5, half ton of armor, and half ton of ammunition. BV(2.0)=108
- LRM weapon - Mounts a pair of LRM-5 launchers, a half ton of armor, and half a ton of ammunition. BV (2.0)=130
- Streak SRM weapon - Carries a single Streak SRM-4, half ton of armor, and half ton of ammunition BV (2.0)=100
- AP Gauss Rifle weapon - An anti-infantry/battlesuit weapon, this system carries triple AP Gauss Rifles, a ton of ammunition, and a half ton of armor for protection. BV(2.0)=82
- Machine Gun weapon - Another anti-infantry system, this weapon carries four Machine Guns, and the half ton of ammunition and armor common to all the Incubus II's handheld weapons systems. BV (2.0) = 37
- TAG weapon - This system carries a TAG system protected by a half-ton of armor. BV (2.0) = 16
No variants have been observed.
The Incubus II has following design quirks:
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 142
- MUL online date for the Incubus II
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 143