|Manufacturer||Tokasha MechWorks Alpha|
|Production Year||Introduction Year::2954|
|Chassis||Model MH-26 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Compound H17 Ferro-Fibrous w/ CASE|
|Engine||Light Force 270 (XL)|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unknown|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
Inner Sphere analysts were stumped trying to determine the purpose of the second-line BattleMech they dubbed Vixen. The Incubus, as it is known among the Clans, is somewhat expensive for a light garrison 'Mech. This is because it used all the weight-saving material known to the Clans at the time, including an XL Engine, Endo Steel frame, and five and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. This confused Spheroid observers until they understood how important one-on-one duels were in Clan culture and how often they occurred among bored garrison troops. The Incubus is a 'Mech that is often used in such Trials, especially because it is easy to turn off weapons to effectively balance the 'Mech's strength with that of an augmented Elemental. Despite its purpose, the Incubus does occasionally show up in second-line forces that are desperate for equipment.
Weapons and Equipment
The Incubus is armed with primarily medium-range weaponry. A Large Pulse Laser is accurate and covers a respectable range, while a pair of ER Medium Lasers are solid backup weapons. Four Machine Guns are highly effective against unarmored infantry.
- Incubus 4
- Clan Hell's Horses was impressed by Clan Diamond Shark and their refits of second-line 'Mechs. They decided to re-engineer the Incubus. They completely changed the weapon loadout with an eye to lower cost, but kept the core purpose of the 'Mech intact. It uses newer weapon systems, though the redesign changed the visual aesthetics of the 'Mech itself. It mounts a Heavy Large Laser, two Medium Pulse Lasers, two Micro Pulse Lasers, and two ER Micro Lasers. It can quickly build up heat in normal combat situations, but most of the Trials it is involved in necessitate disabling multiple weapons, so this is rarely a problem. BV (1.0) = 1,215, BV (2.0) = 1,581
- Incubus 5
- Clan Ice Hellion, always prolific users of fast light 'Mechs, copied the original redesign of the Incubus, but decided to create their own variant. This fifth version mounts an ATM 6 with two tons of ammunition, two ER Medium Lasers, and four Light Machine Guns. BV (1.0) = 1,239, BV (2.0) = 1,364
These variants were introduced in various apocryphal sources, and thus far have not appeared in any canonical media.
From MechWarrior Online:
- INC-SA Sabre
- This customized MechWarrior Online Hero Mech is equipped with 270 XL engine, two ER Micro Lasers and Heavy Machine Guns in both torsos, Streak SRM 4 with it's one ton of ammo in central torso and two Streak SRM 2's in the right arm, along with 10 Double Heat Sinks to cope with the heat, half ton of HMG ammo in left torso and one full ton of HMG and Streak SRM 4 ammo bins in right torso. 
- Incubus II - The first design of a Jihad-era industrial alliance between Clan Hell Horses and the Exiled Wolves, the Incubus II trades lower ground speed for mobility thanks to Jump Jets and a Partial Wing and replaces the standard design's "rifle" for an array of interchangeable Hand-Held Weaponry.
MechWarrior Online art of the Incubus
- MUL online date for the Incubus (Vixen)
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 173
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p.174
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 175
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 176
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 177
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 223
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 142