- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Osaka Heavy Metrics|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
|Armor||Tybalt Blue Heavy Industrial Plate|
|Engine||Nissan 200 Fusion|
|Communications System||HeadMaster 41-con|
|Targeting Tracking System||Diplan I-TT|
Weapons & Equipment
Description & History
The Kiso was created as a "Command" Construction Vehicle for large planetary construction projects in the Draconis Combine. Built in the middle of the Golden Years of the Star League, the vehicle is intended to allow an on-site supervisor to run his machine, while being able to access planetary networks to gain permits, communicate to workers, and multitask other assorted projects while supervising 'Mech-related manual tasks.
The four-legged Industrial 'Mech fell on hard times when the Succession Wars broke out, because all three main factories it was produced at were destroyed. By the 3050s, Osaka Heavy Metrics acquired means to produce the revolutionary communication equipment and Command Console in it.
Weapons and Equipment
The Kiso is equipped with a tungsten-cored Heavy-Duty Pile Driver, which is used primary to lay down foundations mounted in its right torso. It has its Rock-Cutter mounted on the left torso. The has pair of telescope style lift hoists mount per torso to assist in left construction materials and other cranes. The machine bolsters two cargo modular containers which can hold up to twenty tons of equipment.
20 Tons Cargo with two Cargo Containers.
- Variant of the Kiso designed for excavating tasks. The Rock-Cutter is replaced with a Backhoe and its Heavy Pile Driver with a Dual Cutting Saw. The machine very rare, only ten remain in service after the fall of the Star League. The company plant on Togura is able produce them, but only on special orders, it was introduced 2703. BV(2.0) = 959; 1,091
- This Kiso "CommandMech" variant removes the right torso pile driver and lift hoist and left torso rock cutter to make room for a Collapsible Command Module and a trio of Machine Guns with a half ton of ammunition. It retains the Cockpit Command Console of the standard Kiso. BV(2.0): 959
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 210, "K-3N-KR4 Kiso"
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 210-211, "Kiso Industrial 'Mech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 206
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 103
- Master Unit List: profile for Kiso ConstructionMech
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 207
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 104
- Experimental Technical Readout: Succession Wars, Volume 1, p. 9, 24
- Master Unit List profile for Kiso CommandMech variant - Includes BV2 stat.