- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Duchess of New Syrtis|
|Children|| George Hasek II|
Kym Sorenson - Early thirty-first century born Federated Sun Noblewoman, whom served as spy and later Duchess to Capellan March.
She was originally a spy for FedSun Spymaster Quintus Allard who dispatched her in late 3026 to Solaris VII and later to assess the loyalty of Morgan Hasek-Davion. She was later married to Morgan Hasek-Davion after the Fourth Succession War and had his son, George Hasek.
She was born as Countess, her father is owner of Sorenson Mechanics whom builds engines for the Typhoon hovercraft in Federated Suns.
In her youth she was noted for being a strikingly beautiful woman with blonde hair and ice-blue eyes.
Solaris VII and Justin Xiang
As spy for the Federated Suns, she was sent by Quintus Allard in 3026, where she began to spy on activities there, including Gray Noton, Justin Allard, and Enrico Lestrade, Baron von Summer. She had come to Solaris VII because her father booted her from Suns after not agreeing with him on subject. She later meets Justin Xiang at Baron Lestrade's Stadium box in February, 3027, whom quickly become accountancies. After contact with Justin,
In March, she secretly goes to a coffee shop in Solaris City where she sends report to FedSun's MIIO of her activities and what she learned. She reports of Noton's remarks of him being one who took his Justin's arm on Kittery, which is the evidence needed prove Justin Allard innocent and he was indeed attacked by a Rifleman BattleMech. Unknowingly to her, Gray Noton follows her to the shop and discovers she is a spy. He later contacts Justin, the both of them ambushing her in an alley as she goes back to Justin and tell him what Noton had said. An incensed Justin accuses her of being "a Davion whore" and breaks her jaw with his bionic arm instead of allowing Noton to shoot her. He would not allow her to talk, only to relay a message to Hanse Davion. She returns to New Avalon, passing the message to her handlers and the Prince. She undergoes surgery to heal her broken jaw. She was then given a cover assignment to work at the New Avalon Institute of Science to monitor ComStar ROM activity.
New Avalon & Morgan Hasek-Davion
Hanse Davion, being concerned over loyalty of his nephew Morgan Hasek-Davion, assigned Kym to assess him in October 3027. Where MIIO arranges for Kym to be "attacked" by men in the Davion Peace Park in Avalon City.
She and Morgan develop a relationship, where they become close enough that Morgan asks Quintus Allard to do a security check on her to make sure she is clean. She traveled with Morgan to Terra where she was part of the Davion wedding party as Morgan's guest in August of 3028.
After the outbreak of the Fourth Succession War, she and the rest of the wedding party returned to New Avalon. There she continued to monitor him and developed deeper feelings for Morgan.
In July, 3029 - She continued in her role at NAIS as assistant to Doctor Riva Allard. She goes on say how bad things are in wards as more troops arrive from the fighting on Sarna. Later, her boyfriend, Morgan Hasek-Davion drops by to visit her and the troops in the medical wards. He brings gifts of holovideos and quality liquor from Lyran Commonwealth. Quick discussion between Dr. Allard and her assistants with Morgan decide to have party for the soldiers using gifts he got.
In August 3029, she was summoned by Prince Hanse Davion for an urgent meeting. Kym was very nervous for first time prince had ever seen her. The Prince told Morgan was fine and needed to asked her if Morgan could be trusted with troops and without fear of him turning on him. Kym gave unflinching report that Morgan is incredibly loyal to Prince and Federated Suns. She also said separatists from Capellan March had tried to contact him and he indeed responded back. His response to them to was "go to hell", and also notified the prince after Duke Michael's death that Count Anton Vitios pledge to support Morgan. She tells the Prince he quickly replied that Capellan March would forever remain loyal to Federated Suns, he will fight him if tries to push his father's separatism on him. Prince Davion is satisfied with report and tell her that she done service he will never be able to repay. She tells him that she wish only to keep her spying activities on him a secret and since she loves too much to have him hurt.
On September 10th, while made late night visit with Doctor Riva Allard in her lab at New Avalon Institute of Science. She was talking with her about dealing with Morgan being away waiting to hear from him when "Liao Death Commandos" attack the lab. She and Riva team up and try to fend off the Commandos breaking into the Lab intending to destroy the Helm Memory Core. In the midst of the fighting, off the commandos. Kym jumps and tackles Riva out of way of a grenade thrown by one of the Commandos. She is knocked unconscious by the blast and is wounded. Riva takes Kym's pistol and manages to kill their attackers. Riva then takes her to cover during the fighting.
Later in Life as Kym Sorenson Hasek-Davion
In 3063, prior to invasion of New Syrtis was consistently badgering her son to re-marry since the death of his wife and son George Hasek Jr. She finally got her wish, but not in way she intended as she consistently tried to have him marry a "proper" wife.
Marie Davion-St. Claire
|Duchess of New Syrtis
3030 – 30??
| Succeeded by|
- Warrior: En Garde, p. 44 - Enrico tells Noton of Kym's "Background" information.
- Warrior: En Garde, p. 189 - Noton says better he kill him instead of him dying in same way by Wolfson.
- Warrior: Riposte, p. 40 - Kym's assignment in most 3027 to watch for ComStar spies.
- Warrior: Riposte, p. 40 - Hanse assigns Kim to monitor Morgan very closely.
- Warrior: Riposte, pp. 56-59 - Morgan rushes to the rescue of Kym being mugged by a couple of thugs.
- Warrior: Riposte, pp. 125-126 - Morgan asks MIIO chief Quintus Allard to check out Kym to make sure she has a clean background.
- Warrior: Riposte, pp. 220-221 - Kym greets First Prince Hanse Davion as he comes to see Morgan prior on his wedding day.
- Warrior: Coupé, p. 153 - She arrives from medical wards and reports to Dr. Allard on wounded soldiers who qualify for new bionics.
- Warrior: Coupé, pp. 154-156 - Morgan arrives with gifts and party for the wounded soldiers immediately planned.
- Warrior: Coupé, p. ?? - Kym Sorenson gives her last report to First Prince Hanse Davion and request her spying on Morgan remain secret from him.
- Warrior: Coupé, p. ?? - ComStar troops posing as House Liao Death Commandos attack New Avalon.
- Warrior: Coupé, p. 263 - Dr. Banzai unable to treat his own people worked to restore Kym Sorenson's to health