|Chassis||Chariot Type II Endo Steel|
|Engine||GM 375 XL|
|Communications System||Dian-bao Comms, Standard|
Designed by a student at the Victoria Academy of Arms and Technology, the Lao Hu ("Tiger") is based on the Thunder BattleMech and is designed to correct perceived flaws in the Thunder by using new technologies available to the Capellan Confederation. The Lao Hu is built on a lightweight Chariot Type II Endo Steel that carries a GM 375 XL Engine which gives the 'Mech a top speed of 86.4 km/h while sacrificing some survivability for more free weight and a heavier weapons payload. The Lao Hu is protected by an impressive thirteen and a half tons of armor, making it capable of weathering hits from all but the heaviest weapons.
The Lao Hu is capable of engaging an enemy at most any range. For long-range combat, the Lao Hu has a Martell ER Large Laser and a Zeus LRM-15 launcher, giving the 'Mech a powerful long range punch. For close combat, the Lao Hu has a devastating Shengli LB-X Autocannon/20 which is capable of firing both solid rounds for armor penetration and cluster rounds allowing it to find holes in already damaged armor and for anti-aircraft use.
- LHU-3B - Modified to carry a C3 Master Computer, the 3B downgrades its autocannon to an LB 10-X AC and replaces the LRM-15 with an LRM-10 with an Artemis IV FCS. The 3B uses its C3 computer to link together an entire C3 Lance and gives the 'Mech unparalleled accuracy when part of a C3 lance. BV (1.0) = 1,281 (C3:147), BV (2.0) = 1,497
- LHU-3C - The 3C is intended to spar with its enemies at long range. The 'Mech replaced the LB 20-X AC with a powerful Gauss Rifle. Additionally, the 3C removed the LRM-15 in favor of three LRM-5 launchers, giving it the same firepower but allowing it to spread it over a greater number of targets. BV (1.0) = 1,611, BV (2.0) = 1,878
- LHU-3L - Introduced in the Jihad, this version of the Lao Hu turns the enemy's equipment against him. It carries a Rotary AC/5 in the right arm, while the left carries a Plasma Rifle. An advanced Targeting Computer ties into these weapons, making them more accurate. The LRM-10 has been enhanced with an Artemis IV fire control system. BV(2.0)=1,995
- LHU-4E - This variant is equipped with Stealth Armor powered by a Guardian ECM Suite. The weapons have been replaced so it carries a Heavy PPC, Gauss Rifle, and three Rocket Launcher 10s. The heat sinks have been increased to fourteen. To make room for all this equipment, the 4E uses an XL Gyro and a Small Cockpit. BV(2.0)=2,123
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Combat Operations, p. 122
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 135
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 136
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 137
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 138
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 139