|Speed||97.2 km/h (129.6 km/h with MASC)|
Named for the door guards who serve to ward off evil spirits from a home, the Men Shen is the first OmniMech to come from the Capellan Confederation and borrows heavily from the Raven BattleMech for its basic design concept. The 'Mech is built on a lightweight Endo Steel chassis and is powered by a vulnerable but light VOX 330 XL Engine that gives it a top speed of 97.2 km/h that is augmented by MASC system allowing the 'Mech to be pushed up to 129.6 km/h in short bursts. The Men Shen comes with eleven tons of armor, giving it a respectable amount of protection. The Men Shen carries on its base chassis a Beagle Active Probe allowing it to serve in a recon role regardless of its configuration. For weapons and equipment the Men Shen has seventeen tons of free pod space.
In its primary configuration the Men Shen is not a powerful close combat 'Mech and is capable of providing indirect fire support to friendly units. For close-range combat, the primary configuration has four highly accurate Medium Pulse Lasers. To provide both direct and indirect long range fire support, the primary configuration of the Men Shen has an LRM-15 launcher with an Artemis IV fire control system for increased missile accuracy.
 Alternate Configurations
- Alt Config A - A versatile configuration, the A configuration has an LB-X Autocannon/10 that allows it to fire both standard and cluster ammunition. For close combat, the A configuration has three ER Medium Lasers and a TAG laser designator allowing the 'Mech to call in friendly artillery fire on a target. BV (1.0) = 1,232, BV (2.0) = 1,529
- Alt Config B - Intended to act as a long range sniper, the B configuration of the Men Shen carries as its primary weapons a pair of LB-X Autocannon/2s that allow it to fire both standard and cluster ammunition as well as act as a anti-aircraft 'Mech. For close combat, the B configuration has four ER Medium Lasers. BV (1.0) = 1,128, BV (2.0) = 1,484
- Alt Config C - A close combat machine, the C configuration carries two highly accurate Large Pulse Lasers as its primary weapons. These are backed up by an ER Small Laser. To handle the 'Mechs heat load, the C configuration has an additional double heat sink. The C configuration also has an ECM Suite to protect against enemy electronic warfare equipment. BV (1.0) = 1,151, BV (2.0) = 1,435
- Alt Config D - Intended for both long range and close combat, the D configuration of the Men Shen has an ER PPC to provide long range firepower. When it closes with an enemy, it can bring its two SRM-4 launchers and two Medium Pulse Lasers to bear. For added heat dissipation, the D configuration has an additional double heat sink. BV (1.0) = 1,157, BV (2.0) = 1,581
- Alt Config E - Developed during the Jihad, this configuration was developed for anti-infantry missions. For its anti-infantry role, Men Shen was equipped and pair of Light Machine Gun Arrays in either arm actuator. The arrays, were given four Light Machine Guns with ton of ammunition share from. For its heavier weapons, it been given a Plasma Rifle with 2 tons of ammunition and a single Medium Laser. BV (2.0) = 1,625
- Alt Config F - The second configuration conceived during the Jihad, this in role of a brawler. The 'Mech receives a Snub-Nose PPC in each arm. All its weaponry linked to a Targeting Computer, the 'Mech equipment also includes TAG. BV (2.0) = 1,648
- Alt Config U - This configuration carries a Snub Nose PPC, ER Medium Laser, and a pair of SRT-4s. It keeps the TAG and Beagle Active Probe of the other versions. To allow it to move quickly underwater it carries six UMUs. BV (2.0) = 1,725
 Custom Variants/Configurations
- Men Shen Li - Used by Li Hark of Youling Zanshi, this is a standard Men Shen that has Improved Communications and Improved Sensors. Unfortunately it also has Exposed Actuators and it's Hard to Pilot. BV (2.0) = 1,550
 Related BattleMechs
- Raven - The Men Shen, the first Capellan-constructed OmniMech, was based on the cutting edge Raven BattleMech.
- ↑ MUL online date for the Men Shen
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Combat Operations, p. 122
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060, p. 159
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 147
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Technical Readout: 3060, p. 102, "Men Shen Profile"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060, p. 160
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 148
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 149
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 150
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 151
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 152 - E Configuration from RS3060u.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 153 - 2nd Jihad variant developed during the Jihad for the Men Shen.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 84
- ↑ BattleTech Dossiers: Youling Zhanshi, p. 5
- ↑ BattleTech Dossiers: Youling Zhanshi, p. 20