- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Clan Smoke Jaguar Unknown facility|
Clan Star Adder Huntress Manufacturing Plant DL-6
|Jump Jets||3 (type unknown)|
The Minotaur is the "assault class" of the first generation ProtoMechs. Weighing more than any other ProtoMech, it trades speed for armor and weaponry. Intended for defensive operations, the Minotaur's lack of speed isn't an obstacle to completing its mission, and its impressive firepower means an entire Point working together can quickly take down a single target.
Weapons and Equipment
Carrying a pair of ER Medium Lasers, the Minotaur has enough firepower to seriously damage any light 'Mechs foolish enough to close with it. It also boasts more protection than most light 'Mechs, enough to take a direct Gauss Rifle hit to the torso and keep fighting. The drawback to this power however is a slow cruising speed of 32 km/h, which is somewhat compensated by a jumping capacity of 90 meters thanks to its Jump Jets.
- Minotaur 3
- This variation of the Minotaur was redesigned as a fire support model, armed with a LRM 12 Launcher as its "main gun." Improvements to the design include an increase of it's maximum speed to 80 km/h, increase range to its jumping capacity, and additional armor protection. BV (2.0) = 443
- Minotaur 4
- Created during the Jihad, this version of the Minotaur was fitted with Advanced Tech developed during this era. The Minotaur 4 uses same armor protection as the second variant, but has speed of the third. Its only weapon is the newly developed Class 2 ProtoMech Autocannon with 40 rounds of ammunition for weapons. BV (2.0) = 188
- Minotaur P2
- Based on the Minotaur-XP, this version reduces the SRM to an SRM-4 with eight reloads. It uses the same Improved Heavy Small Lasers, however, and retains the maximized armor protection. To overcome the Minotaur's low speed, engineers added a ProtoMech-scale Magnetic Clamp system that allows the ProtoMech to "hitch a ride" on friendly units. BV (2.0) = 266
- This version of the Minotaur was created by Clan Hell's Horses. The jump jets and standard weapons were removed and replaced by two Improved Heavy Small Lasers and an SRM-5 launcher. The weight saved from this weapon switch allowed the engineers to maximize the armor protection of the Minotaur-XP, making it popular with pilots. BV (2.0) = 294
The Minotaur-XR variant has following Design Quirks:
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 202
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 202
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, P 314 - BV2 from RS3060u.
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 203
- Minotaur (Standard) on Master Unit List
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 315 - LB-X variant of the Minotaur.
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 316 - Fire Support version of the Minotaur introduced during Civil War era.
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 317 - The Jihad era Advanced Tech version of the Minotaur.
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 89
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 45
- Experimental Technical Readout: Clans, p. 10
Presumably "Huntress Manufacturing Plant DL-6" is a plant captured by the Star Adders after the destruction of the Smoke Jaguars.