|Manufacturer||Clan Smoke Jaguar Unknown facility|
Clan Star Adder Huntress Manufacturing Plant DL-6
|Jump Jets||3 (type unknown)|
The Minotaur is the "assault class" of the first generation ProtoMechs. Weighing more than any other ProtoMech, it trades speed for armor and weaponry. In fact it is so well armored that it can take a direct Gauss Rifle hit to the torso and keep fighting. Intended for defensive operations, the Minotaur's lack of speed isn't an obstacle to completing its mission, particularly when partnered with LRM-equipped units like the Mad Dog or Gorgon.
Carrying a pair of 'Mech scale ER Medium Lasers, the Minotaur has enough firepower to seriously damage any light 'Mech foolish enough to close with it. A complete Point of Minotaur can even strip the armor off of some medium 'Mechs and heavy vehicles before the crew realizes the danger. With the long range of the ER Medium Lasers, the Minotaur can keep inflicting damage on the enemy for quite a while.
- Minotaur 2 - Developed during the 3060s, this variant utilizes a LB 2-X Autocannon with a single ton of ammunition. The armor is reallocated to Main Gun position from the torso and legs. This variant also drops the original's Jump Jets. BV (2.0) = 168
- Minotaur 3 - This variation of the Minotaur is redesign as a fire support model. It is armed with a LRM 12 Launcher in the Main Gun position. Improvements to the design include a increase of maximum speed to 80 km/ph, increase range to its Jump Jets, and its armor protection has been increased. BV (2.0) = 443
- Minotaur 4 - Created during the Jihad, this version of the Minotaur fitted with Advanced Tech developed during this era. Minotaur 4 uses same armor protection as second variant, but has speed of the third. Its only weapon is the newly developed Class 2 ProtoMech Autocannon with 40 rounds of ammunition for weapons. BV (2.0) = 188
- Minotaur P2 - Based on the Minotaur-XP, this version reduces the SRM to an SRM-4 with eight reloads. It uses the same Improved Heavy Small Lasers, however, and retains the maximized armor protection. To overcome the Minotaur's low speed, engineers added a ProtoMech-scale Magnetic Clamp system that allows the ProtoMech to "hitch a ride" on friendly units. BV (2.0) = 266
- Minotaur Z - Developed by The Society, this variant of the Minotaur uses five Extended Jump Jets and a Magnetic Clamp system to travel around the battlefield. It's equipped with an Improved Heavy Medium Laser, making it a threat to many units.
 Custom Variants
- Minotaur-XP - This version of the Minotaur was created by Clan Hell's Horses. The jump jets and standard weapons were removed and replaced by two Improved Heavy Small Lasers and an SRM-5 launcher. The weight saved from this weapon switch allowed the engineers to maximize the armor protection of the Minotaur-XP, making it popular with pilots. BV (2.0) = 294
 Design Quirks
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3060, p. 202
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3060, p. 202
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, P 314 - BV2 from RS3060u.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 315 - LB-X variant of the Minotaur.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 316 - Fire Support version of the Minotaur introduced during Civil War era.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 317 - The Jihad era Advanced Tech version of the Minotaur.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 89
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 45
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: Clans, p. 10
Presumably "Huntress Manufacturing Plant DL-6" is a plant captured by the Star Adders after the destruction of the Smoke Jaguars.