- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Innovative Design Concepts|
|Chassis||Crusis-III Deluxe Composite|
|Armor||Durallex Light Ferro-Fibrous Armor|
|Engine||GM Super-Lite 360 XXL Fusion Engine|
|Jump Jets||HildCo Model 10|
A Solaris VII BattleMech, the Paladin was created by Innovative Design Concepts as their entry into the heavy 'Mech weight class. Equipped with an XXL Fusion engine and jump jets, the modern Paladin can move through the battlefield quickly and keep enemy forces in the ideal range band. To provide enough weight savings for the equipment, the IDC engineers used a Composite Internal Structure, Small Cockpit and Light Ferro-Fibrous armor. To provide additional capabilities the Paladin uses Triple Strength Myomer. This doubles the damage inflicted by physical attacks and provides a burst of speed when the 'Mech's heat reaches a certain point. Eleven double heat sinks make sure the heat levels stay in range that activates the TSM.
Weapons and Equipment
The Paladin's main armament is the Mydron Tornado Rotary AC/2, which is backed up by an ExoStar Medium X-Pulse Laser, a Harpoon 6S Streak SRM-6 launcher, and a Harpoon-4S Streak SRM-4 launcher protected by CASE. This weapon configuration
- The original Paladin featured seven Machine Guns instead of the Rotary AC/2. A single Large Pulse Laser provided long range firepower, and the Machine Guns were backed up by an Artemis IV-equipped SRM-6 and a pair of Streak SRM-2 missile launchers. It featured a standard engine, standard Ferro-Fibrous armor and an Endo Steel chassis. It also lacked the Triple Strength Myomer and jump jets of the PAL-2. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 1,361
- In the German edition of BattleTech, the QKD Quickdraw 'Mech was renamed/translated as PLD Paladin, but is a different design from the PAL Paladin covered in this article.
- MUL online date for the Paladin (BattleMech)
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 256
- Solaris VII: The Game World 'Mech record sheets, p. 15
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 255
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 257