|Speed||97 km/h (130 km/h with MASC)|
The Stag was Clan Wolverine's redesign based on the Vulcan BattleMech. Khan Sarah McEvedy's orders led to the Stag, which transformed the venerable infantry-killer into a cavalry 'Mech that could also scout. As this design was pressed into service shortly after the Operation Klondike, it used Star League technology.
The Stag was built on an Endo Steel frame and powered by an XL Engine. Ten tons of armor provided the 'Mech with the maximum possible protection. The Stag retained the Vulcan's top speed of 97 km/h, though it contained MASC that allowed the design to push up to 130 km/h in bursts. It was a bit less mobile, however, as it did not keep the jump jets.
Weapons and Equipment
The long-range threat from the cavalry 'Mech comes from one ER Large Laser. At close range it is supplemented by paired Medium Lasers and SRM-4s. Two, CASE-protected tons of ammunition gives MechWarriors the flexibility to use different types of munitions, making the Stag a threat to a variety of units. Twelve double heat sinks handles all of the heat generated by the weapons.
- ST-24G Stag II
- The so-called Stag II incorporated a prototype version of the ER PPC that was roughly comparable to the Clan version of the weapon, though it was slightly less destructive. This upgrade of the large laser necessitated removal of the MASC, though the top speed was upgraded to 119 km/h. Additionally, Ferro-Fibrous weave was incorporated into the armor, though at an overall decrease in protection. The SRMs were removed in favor of an additional Medium Laser, two Medium Pulse Lasers, and two Small Lasers. This gave the 'Mech greater battlefield longevity, though the potential for excessive heat buildup was much greater. BV (2.0) = 1,449
- Vulcan - The Vulcan was used as the base design for the Stag. However, the Stag deviates considerably from the design philosophy and character, and presumably for this reason it was considered a new design instead of a IIC-style re-design.
- MUL online date for the Stag
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 149
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 160