- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Manzikert Fabrication & Assembly Plant Gamma, Dagda|
|Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Type OES-45 Light Modified|
|Armor||Mix IIIc Composite|
|Engine||Fusion Standard 180|
|Communications System||Consolidated BMR3-CC|
|Jump Jets||SL-150 Mod. V|
The Wyvern BattleMech was upgraded by Clan Burrock after they rediscovered a Brian Cache that was thought lost during the Pentagon War. They turned this small cache into a refit factory for the Wyvern and, after it was upgraded with Clan-tech, it was dubbed the Wyvern IIC. The original, full complement of nine and a half tons of armor was left on the 'Mech. It also retained the engine and the 120 meter jumping capacity. Everything else was modified, including the use of double heat sinks and Clan-grade Endo Steel and CASE.
Weapons and Equipment
The Mk. 46 Type II LRM-10 and Mk. 22 Type III SRM-6 launchers are simple upgrades of the originals, while the Large Laser and Small Lasers were upgraded to a Series 6b ER Large Laser and Series 1 ER Small Lasers, respectively. In order to aid the Wyvern IIC in its traditional role of city garrison, a pair of Type VII Machine Guns and a "Hellfire" Series II Flamer were added, while the pair of Series 2a Mk. 5 ER Medium Lasers give it a better medium-range punch. Both hands were also retained so that the 'Mech could be of use in cities during peacetime.
- Wyvern IIC 2
- This variant was created during the Jihad in 3071, using the Advance Tech of the era. This updated version of the Wyveren IIC upgrades its existing weaponry for newer versions developed in the 3060s. This includes Heavy versions of the lasers, the replacement of LRM & SRM launchers for a 9 Tubed ATM launcher, an Advanced Tech ER Flamer, and three Light Machine Guns setup within a Machine Gun Array. BV (2.0) = 1,537
Wyvern - The Wyvern IIC is an upgrade of the original Wyvern.
- MUL online date for the Wyvern IIC
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 233
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 156-157, "Wyvern IIC Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 234 - Wyvern IIC's advanced tech Jihad era variant.