- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Production Year||Introduction Year::3060|
|Chassis||Curtiss Yeoman Endo Steel|
|Armor||Kallon FWL Special Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||CurtissComm Mark IV|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dynatec MissileTracX|
In an attempt to quickly follow up on the successful Wraith BattleMech, Curtiss Militech released the Yeoman in addition to the Eagle. The Yeoman has an awkward physical appearance when compared to most other BattleMechs as it is dominated by its massive missile ports. The Yeoman is powered by a rugged Pitban 240 fusion engine that gives the Yeoman a top speed of 64.8 km/h. To save weight, the 'Mech has a Curtiss Yeoman Endo Steel chassis that weighs half as much as a standard internal structure. The Yeoman is armored with eight and a half tons of Kallon FWL Special Ferro-Fibrous armor that provides a respectable amount of armor protection when compared to direct competitors such as the Apollo and Trebuchet. If that weren't enough, the Yeoman has CASE that allows the 'Mech to survive an ammunition explosion on either side torso.
Weapons and Equipment
Designed specifically as a fire support 'Mech, the Yeoman carries two Zeus LRM-15 launchers and two Zeus LRM-10 launchers with enough ammunition for two minutes of sustained fire. Since that is the only armament on the 'Mech, any MechWarrior that pilots a Yeoman has to be wary of letting enemies get close, as it has no secondary weapons to deal with such foes.
- This is the Jihad-era variant of the 'Mech which introduces newer equipment to the design. The LRM-15s have been removed in favor of four MML-5 Launchers which have been given 3 tons of ammunition. These new launchers give the 'Mech a better means of protecting itself at short ranges. The 'Mech has been given Jump Jets and an XL Gyro. The weight saved with these changes allows for additional armor to be installed on the arms and legs. BV (2.0) = 1,319
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 108-109, "Yeoman 'Mech Profile"
- MUL online date for the Yeoman
- Combat Operations, p. 130
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 169
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 161
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 162