25th Division (Word of Blake)
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|25th Division (The Nightwatchmen IV-beta)|
|Unit Profile (as of 3075)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Militia|
The 25th Division was a "hidden" Word of Blake Militia unit that first appeared during early years of the Jihad. The unit was noted for its usual formations, non-standard color schemes, and its four-year occupation of the Game World & later other parts of Lyran space during the early portion of the Jihad.
Native Circinus Federation citizen Sariana Pryor (born in Andiron) is said to have gone to Circinus to raise her Division from small cadre of people from that sandy world. She then brought them to Terra, where she whipped them into shape. Her Division existence was widely known among Federation's people consisting entirely of native Circinians.
Occupation of Solaris VII
The 25th Division made its mysterious appearance in June of 3068, flying nonstandard colors as it assaulted and occupied Solaris VII. This was part of one of the Word of Blake's military operations, coded name Operation SHOWTIME. The 25th Division used non-standard paint schemes and using mix military formations (Stars, Level IIs, and Lances) which left many wondering who they were. The 25th arrived with reportedly three regiments worth of troops, which left folks wondering if another Blakist unit was mixed in with them. The confusion in the initial assault, left Solaris City's defenders scattered and the city easier to occupy. Many of the scattered Solaris Stables warriors re-organized to form a Solaran resistance group called the Solaris Home Defense League. Where they waged a guerrilla war against the 25th Division's occupation of Solaris. Through attrition of years of fighting wore out the 25th. The Division withdrew from the planet in December of 3071.
Recovery & Raids
The 25th Division was not seen in action for a year. Elements of the Division appeared in raids in 3073, striking worlds along the Lyran-Free Worlds League border. Most noted of these strikes were against the worlds of Son Hoa and Madiun.
|Commanding Officers of the 25th Division|
The 25th Division gains a positive initiative when facing a multi-faction force. When rolling the 25th Division's forces, half the elements consist of mixed Lyran/Marik equipment. Use either the Lyran Alliance or the Free Worlds League Random Assignment Tables.
- BattleCorps: INN Newscast (Solaris Broadcasting Co. section), news item published [03/03/3072]: "All in a Day's Work" - Part 1
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 238 - "25th Division raised from solely Circinus citizens".
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 92 - "25th Division unit's brief history".
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 126, "Word Of Blake Militia"
- Battletech writers name precentor as original commanding officer
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 141 - "Rules Annex" - 25th's specialty named.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 141, "Rules Annex"