2nd Lipton Protectorate Militia Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|2nd Lipton Protectorate Militia Division|
|Affiliation||Word of Blake|
|Parent Command||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The Second Lipton Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Lipton. As of 3075 the planet had raised two divisions, the 1st and the 2nd.
It wasn't until the Jihad that the Liptoners had their illusions shattered. Mercenaries employed by the Word of Blake raided the world, destroying both the main base used by the Fourth Alliance Guards and several industrial complexes. The destruction of these factories sent the world's economy into depression, and the lack of trade during the Jihad further damaged Lipton's economy.
Lipton was subsequently incorporated into the Word of Blake Protectorate, and in 3076 the Word of Blake deployed the 1st Lipton Protectorate Militia Division to Dyev as part of a counterassault against invading forces from Clan Ghost Bear.
The apparent destruction of the various Divisions the Word of Blake had assembled on Dyev doubtlessly aided the allied coalition forces operating on the Lyran front of Operation SCOUR, as forces led by Duke Robert Kelswa-Steiner struck at Lipton in November 3077, quick crushing the resistance on the planet the 2nd Lipton Protectorate Militia Division tried to put.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Lipton Protectorate Militia Division|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 185, "Laiaka World Profile"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 64-65, "3077: War In Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 126, "Word Of Blake Militia"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"