2nd Moore Protectorate Militia
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|2nd Moore Protectorate Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3075)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The 2nd Moore Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Moore. As of 3075 it was one of the two units raised from this planet, along the 1st Moore Protectorate Militia.
During the Jihad the Word of Blake took control of Moore to gain access to the extensive uranium mines. The attack on Moore began during the first week of April 3069, and the invading mercenaries became involved in a running battle that took place in Moore's largest methane swamp. There an exploding BattleMech detonated several hidden pockets of methane gas. These explosions triggered a massive firestorm which blew across the main continent and destroyed nearly everything in its path, including the capital city.
As the allied coalition created by Devlin Stone began striking against Word of Blake Protectorate worlds the combined Clan Ghost Bear and Clan Snow Raven task force which had agreed to support the coalition struck at a number of Blakist worlds on the 21st of July 3076. Moore was one of the worlds targeted by the Clan forces, along with the nearby worlds of Dyev, Kervil, Ko, Lambrecht and Sabik; the Ghost Bears attacked Moore with Theta Galaxy, a primarily defensive Galaxy that had been moved into an offensive role due to the damage taken by the other Beta Wave forces during the attack on Ascella shortly before. Theta performed poorly during the campaign, taking heavier losses than would be expected prior to finally broke the Protectorate Militia's back.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Moore Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 18, "Moore World Profile"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 46, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 9, "Theta Galaxy"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"