3rd Striker Regiment
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Third Striker Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Parent Formation||251st BattleMech Division|
The Third Striker Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
The Third Striker Regiment was one of the SLDF commands mustered during the early decades of the Star League, and took part in Operation BULL RUN, the conquest of the Taurian Concordat during the Reunification War. The Third saw action during the brutal campaign to conquer New Vandenberg, and was involved in the final major battle of the assault; on the 23rd of August 2588, the Third and a sister regiment, the First Striker Regiment, surrounded and captured the last few surviving companies that constituted all that was left of the 122nd Concordat Chasseurs near New Vandenberg's south pole.
Star League Era
Despite the fate of the Third being regarded as unknown for several centuries after the fall of the Star League, subsequent publications released in the thirty-first and thirty-second centuries revealed that the Third almost certainly survived the Hegemony campaign and remained in the Inner Sphere, joining Major General Lauren Hayes and the other SLDF units who chose to join ComStar in support of Jerome Blake. The Third is believed to have formed the basis of the "mercenaries" used to create the Eighth ComStar Expeditionary Division in 2784, along with the Eighty-ninth Dragoon Regiment, 231st Striker Regiment and 321st Hussar Regiment.
Operating alongside the Thirteenth Royal Infantry Division (masquerading as the Fifth ComStar Expeditionary Division) the Third was involved in the most serious fighting of SILVER SHIELD, when they assaulted two former SLDF Mechanized Infantry Divisions - the Seventy-first and 123rd - in the Amazon rainforest on Terra.
|Commanding Officers of the 3rd Striker Regiment|
- First Succession War, p. 34, "Those Left Behind (Continued)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 89-91, "Charon's Express"
- ComStar (sourcebook), p. 13
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 38
- The Star League, p. 147, "Fourteenth"
- First Succession War, p. 52, "Operation SILVER SHIELD"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 117, "ComStar and the Com Guard"