V Principes Guards
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|Fifth Principes Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3085)|
|Parent Formation||Principes Guards|
The V Principes Guards (also known as the Fifth Principes) formed in 3084 from elements of the V Hastati Sentinels and the Seventh Auxiliaries and quickly saw action on Pleione. The Fifth and VI Principes Guards fought Warrior House Hiritsu, driving the Capellan unit off world but at a high cost.
After the Blackout the Capellan Confederation sent troops into the Republic. The Second McCarron's Armored Cavalry regiment landed on Liao and faced the garrisoning troops. After six years of terrorist assaults by the Ijori Dè Guāng the garrison forces were on edge, and peaceful protests quickly exploded into violence. The Liao Standing Guard, the Fifth Triarii Protectors and V Principes Guards faced multiple hit and run attacks from the Armored Cavalry across two continents while the protesters and Ijori Dè Guāng joined forces with dissident elements of the Liao Conservatory of Military Arts to cause more problems. Despite this, five weeks of fighting had slowed the Capellan forces. Then the Dynasty Guard arrived. They joined with the dissident forces and opened a new front against the Republic troops. The Republic forces might still have won, but one of their aerospace fighters shot down a medical transport DropShip filled with refugees thinking it was transporting CCAF reinforcements. Overnight all loyalty to the Republic disappeared and the citizens of Liao rioted against the Republic troops. A last minute attack against the Dynasty Guard failed, and the Republic forces surrendered. They were allowed to leave Liao, returning the system to the Confederation.
They were based on Palos in 3134. Warrior House Dai Da Chi and elements of McCarron's Armored Cavalry arrived to challenge them for the world. After fighting well for several days, the Capellan forces threatened the Guards' supplies. This forced the Guards to withdraw from their defensive positions, and ultimately Palos.
|Commanding Officers of the V Principes Guards|
|Colonel||Duane Heivilin||3085 - 3111|
- CO: Colonel Duane Heivilin
520th Armor Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Esmeralda Naz
520th Infantry Brigade (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Max Keirn
Fifth Principes Guards (Regular)
- CO: Colonel Duane Heivilin
Fifth Principes Guards (Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Lady Eve Kincaid
When randomly determining forces, players can select units from their designated RATs rather than rolling randomly. Under Knight Kincaid's leadership, the warriors of the Fifth reduce the modifier for Called Shots by 1 (see p. 78-79, TO). In addition, roll 1D6 for each unit fielded by the Principes; on a result of 5 or 6, that unit receives a -1 to its Gunnery skill. For purposes of Crisis of Conscience rules (see p. 9), the Fifth Principes Guards are of Questionable loyalty.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 181, "Principes Guards"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 186, "RAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Dark Age Turning Points: Liao, p. 6
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 10, "Nisos Attack WiGE"
- Operational Turning Points: Capellan Crusades, p. 14, "Combatants - Fifth Principes Guards"