Category:Spheroid DropShip classes
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
"Spheroid", in the sense of DropShip construction, describes DropShips that have a more or less spheroid or ovoid layout with no lifting surfaces for atmospheric maneuvering (as opposed to Aerodyne DropShips). They rely solely on their thrust engines to brake their descent or to lift off from a planetary surface. Spheroid design is common because it tends to maximize the volume of a ship while minimizing materials needed and creating an overall structurally strong vessel. However, due to their reliance on their thrust engine they are more susceptible to damage; an engine malfunction or failure will typically spell doom for a spheroid vessel whereas aerodyne vessels might have a chance to facilitate a crashlanding when operating in an atmosphere.
Pages in category "Spheroid DropShip classes"
The following 55 pages are in this category, out of 55 total.