- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
- This article is about the post-Clan Invasion BattleMech. For the SLDF dueling elite, see Gunslinger Program.
|Manufacturer||Defiance Industries, Independence Weaponry|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Star League XT|
|Engine||VOX 255 XL|
|Communications System||Nashan Quartet ComSy w/Guardian ECM|
|Targeting Tracking System||Nashan Diana Mark II Targeting Computer|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||HildCo Model 12|
The Gunslinger is a product of the Clan Invasion and would not exist if not for that violent conflict. The 'Mech was jointly designed by engineers from both the Draconis Combine and the Federated Commonwealth who were in the process of assisting the Free Rasalhague Republic. To power the Gunslinger, a VOX 255 XL Engine is used to give the 'Mech a top speed of 54 kph. This is augmented by a pair of HildCo Model 12 jump jets that allow the Gunslinger to traverse rough terrain and provide extra mobility at close ranges. The 'Mech is also equipped with a Guardian ECM Suite and a Beagle Active Probe, giving the Gunslinger superior detection capabilities and protection from advanced enemy electronic warfare equipment. Finally, the Gunslinger is protected by fifteen and a half tons of armor, giving the 'Mech excellent armor protection.
Weapons and Equipment
The Gunslinger carries as its primary weapons two arm-mounted Poland Main Model A Gauss Rifles that can each strip off a ton of armor at ranges of over six hundred meters. As the Gunslinger closes with the enemy it is able to bring to bear its four Defiance B3M Medium Lasers and a Defiance A5L Small Laser that help to make up for the ineffectiveness of the Gauss Rifles at extremely short ranges. Finally, to protect against attacks on its weak rear armor, the Gunslinger carries two rear-mounted Defiance P5M Medium Pulse Lasers.
- The 2ERD model of the Gunslinger upgrades the Medium Lasers to ER Medium Lasers and removes the two rear Medium Pulse Lasers, the Beagle Probe and the Small Laser. The 'Mech then adds an additional jump jet allowing the 'Mech to jump up to ninety meters and also adds a C3 Master Computer. BV (1.0) = 2,135, BV (2.0) = 2,423
- GUN-1ERD Gunslinger Jared
- This Gunslinger was uniquely customized for Lyran Alliance MechWarrior Jared Killian. The Gunslinger's arms were replaced with a pair of Zeus right arms. Each arm included LRM-15 Launchers and SRM 4 Launchers. The 'Mech's ammunition was placed in the side torsos. BV (1.0) = 1,496 
In German products the unit's proper name was altered to Kanonenboot, which translates to Gunboat. The model code was accordingly changed to KNB-1OOT.
Original Gunslinger from TRO:3055
Gunslinger from TRO:3055 Upgrade
GUN-1ERD Gunslinger in combat from CCG
- MUL online date for the Gunslinger
- Combat Operations, p. 125
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 112
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 113
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 110
- Record Sheets: Unique 'Mechs p. 14 - GUN-1ERD Gunslinger Jared - Stats and fluff for this Unique 'Mech variant was published by BattleCorps.