- This article is about the post–Clan Invasion BattleMech. For the SLDF dueling elite, see Gunslinger Program.
|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Star League XT|
|Engine||VOX 255 XL|
|Communications System||Nashan Quartet ComSy w/Guardian ECM|
|Targeting Tracking System||Nashan Diana Mark II Targeting Computer|
|Heat Sinks||10 double|
|Jump Jets||HildCo Model 12|
The Gunslinger is a product of the Clan Invasion and would not exist if not for that violent conflict. The 'Mech was jointly designed by engineers from both the Draconis Combine and the Federated Commonwealth who were in the process of assisting the Free Rasalhague Republic. To power the Gunslinger, a VOX 255 XL engine is used to give the 'Mech a top speed of 54 km/h. This is augmented by a pair of HildCo Model 12 jump jets that allow the Gunslinger to traverse rough terrain and provide extra mobility at close ranges. The 'Mech is also equipped with a Guardian ECM Suite and a Beagle Active Probe, giving the Gunslinger superior detection capabilities and protection from advanced enemy electronic warfare equipment. Finally, the Gunslinger is protected by fifteen and a half tons of armor, giving the 'Mech excellent armor protection.
Weapons and Equipment
The Gunslinger carries as its primary weapons two arm-mounted Poland Main Model A Gauss rifles that can each strip off a ton of armor at ranges of over six hundred meters. As the Gunslinger closes with the enemy it is able to bring to bear its four Defiance B3M medium lasers and a Defiance A5L Small Laser that help to make up for the ineffectiveness of the Gauss rifles at extremely short ranges. Finally, to protect against attacks on its weak rear armor, the Gunslinger carries two rear-mounted Defiance P5M Medium Pulse Lasers.
- The 2ERD model of the Gunslinger upgrades the medium lasers to ER medium lasers and removes the two rear Medium Pulse Lasers, the Beagle Probe and the Small Laser. The 'Mech then adds an additional jump jet allowing the 'Mech to jump up to ninety meters and also adds a C3 master computer. BV (1.0) = 2,135, BV (2.0) = 2,423
- This Gunslinger field refit replaces the C3 master computer and ECM with a then experimental C3 boosted master computer to cut through ECM commonly found during the Jihad in 3078. An ER Small Laser also is added to the head. BV (2.0) = 2,371
- A Dark Age Era variant introduced in 3131 by the Draconis Combine, this version of the Gunslinger uses a mix of Clan and Inner Sphere technologies. Powered by a 225-rated XL Fusion Engine, the 'Mech retains the speed and limited Jump Jet capacity of the original, while the gyro is replaced by an XL version. Weapons-wise, its primary weapons remain its arm mounted Gauss rifles with four tons of ammunition. The four Medium Pulse Lasers in the side torsos are replaced by Clan ER Medium Lasers, while three X-Pulse Small Lasers are fitted in the head, with the remaining two rear-mounted on its legs. Protecting its hull is Ballistic-Reinforced Armor.
- GUN-1ERD Gunslinger Jared
- This Gunslinger was uniquely customized for Lyran Alliance MechWarrior Jared Killian. The Gunslinger's arms were replaced with a pair of Zeus right arms. Each arm included Coventry Star Fire LRM-15 Launchers and Guided Technologies 2nd Gen Streak SRM 4 Launchers. The 'Mech's ammunition was placed in the side torsos. BV (1.0) = 1,496 
The Gunslinger has the following Design Quirks:
- In German products, the unit's proper name was altered to Kanonenboot, which translates to Gunboat. The model code was accordingly changed to KNB-1OOT.
Original Gunslinger from TRO:3055
Gunslinger from TRO:3055 Upgrade
Gunslinger from RG:ilClan vol. 27
GUN-1ERD Gunslinger in combat from BTTCG
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, pp. 176–177: "GUN-1ERD Gunslinger"
- ↑ MUL online date for the Gunslinger
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 125
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 112
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 113
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 110
- ↑ Recognition Guide: ilClan Volume 27, pp. 13 & 27 - GUN-3ERD variant info
- ↑ Record Sheets: Unique 'Mechs p. 14 - GUN-1ERD Gunslinger Jared - Stats and fluff for this Unique 'Mech variant was published by BattleCorps.
- ↑ BattleMech Manual, p. 92 BattleMech Quirk Table - Gunslinger Entry.
- Assault BattleMechs
- Inner Sphere BattleMechs
- Standard BattleMechs
- Inner Sphere Standard BattleMechs
- 85 ton BattleMechs
- Boosted C3 Equipped BattleMechs
- Draconis Combine BattleMechs
- Free Rasalhague Republic BattleMechs
- Lyran Commonwealth BattleMechs
- C3 Master Equipped BattleMechs
- German renamed units