- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Auxiliary Production Site 4|
|Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Beta Manufactured Standard|
|Armor||Forging ZK11 Standard|
|Engine||Model SF-3 (Standard)|
|Communications System||S9R Beta Series Communications|
|Targeting Tracking System||Able Seven Sensor Suite|
The Ha Otoko is primarily a defensive, second-line BattleMech. Clan Diamond Shark first fielded the cheap 'Mech when they helped Clan Nova Cat evacuate from Clan space in 3060. Clan Jade Falcon merchants were the first to point out that the Ha Otoko seems meant to be sold to the Inner Sphere, being easily modified to accommodate similar Inner Sphere weaponry, in addition to the Oriental styling of the 'Mech's exterior. The Ha Otoko is protected by thirteen tons of armor.
Weapons and Equipment
A missile boat, the Ha Otoko uses a pair of torso-mounted Type XX "Great Bow" LRM-20s and a pair of arm-mounted Type X "Short Bow" LRM-10 launchers. However, it only incorporates thirteen single heat sinks, so MechWarriors must carefully manage their heat. Many only fire the LRM-10s when enemies attempt to flank them.
- This variant, introduced in 3061, is the Draconis Combine model that Clan Jade Falcon merchants predicted would appear. The variant replaces the Clan weaponry with missile launchers of Inner Sphere manufacture. In order to account for the increased weight, this Ha Otoko variant makes use of an Extra-Light Engine and double heat sinks. BV (1.0) = 1,082, BV (2.0) = 1,288
- Ha Otoko 2
- This Clan tech variant of the 'Mech appeared during the Jihad in 3074, which makes the 'Mech a general purpose role. The 'Mech has been fitted with some the newest technology of the time period. Based on the Clan version of the design, all the original missile launchers are removed, except for a single arm mounted LRM 10. The launcher retains only 1 ton of ammunition in left arm with the weapon. Complimenting the LRM launcher in right arm, the 'Mech has been given a Class 30 Hyper Assault Gauss Rifle with 4 tons of ammunition. The 'Mech been given a Plasma Cannon and four ER Medium Lasers round up the 'Mech weaponry in closer range fighting. To accommodate these new changes, the 'mech engine has switched to a XL Fusion Engine and its armor protection has been slightly reduced. BV (2.0) = 2,348
- Ha Otoko 3
- This variant introduced 3082 replaced the chassis of the HKO-1C with an Endo Steel version and removing the arm mounted missile launchers, engineers added extended range Large and medium lasers and Artemis IV FCS to the remaining missile launchers. An ECM suite is also added to interfere with Word of Blake electronics, and AP Gauss Rifles counter enemy infantry units. BV (2.0) = 2,206
- Ha Otoko-HR
- Introduced in 3077, analysts believe that this variant is Clan Diamond Shark's attempt to use Inner Sphere equipment for themselves rather than an attempt to generate business. Powered by a Light Fusion Engine, the Ha Otoko-HR has the survivability of a Clan Extralight Engine without racking up the significant cost. The HR refit also uses Inner Sphere produced heat sinks, and a Small Cockpit to provide enough room for the weapons loaded. The HR mounts a pair of LRM-20s but also includes a Mech Mortar/8 in each arm. These weapons may not be as effective as missile launchers, but their immunity to Anti-Missile Systems could explain their presence. BV (2.0) = 1,547
- MUL online date for the Ha Otoko
- Master Unit List, "Ha Otoko introduction dates"
- Combat Operations, p. 112
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 172
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 170-171, "Ha Otoko 'Mech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 255
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 173
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 257
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 256 - Ha Otoka 2 variant of the original Clan version of the 'Mech.
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 145
- Experimental Technical Readout: Clans, p. 6