|Frame||Eden Compact 90|
|Power Plant||280 XL engine|
|Armor||Eden Composition IV Ferro-aluminum|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Wolf's eye 7|
|Heat Sinks||15 double heat sinks|
With the prototypes first fielded during Trials of Possession in 3016, the Jagatai quickly proved its worth, entering full production in 3019 and becoming the Wolf Clan's standard medium OmniFighter, also seeing service among numerous other Clans in a variety of air superiority roles.
While only featuring average maneuverability for its size, the 70 ton Jagatai mounts more armor and larger fuel tanks than its nearest rivals, allowing it linger longer on station. The use of an XL engine and ferro-aluminum armor free up weight for 39 tons of available pod space, but like many OmniFighters the Jagatai suffers pedestrian heat dissipation with just 15 double heat sinks mounted on its base chassis.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary configuration of the Jagatai mounts an LRM-20 and two tons of ammo directly below the cockpit, supported by an ER PPC and large pulse laser fitted to each wing. A further large pulse laser is mounted aft to discourage pursuit and large enough to actually do the job, while two extra double heat sinks attempt to keep the primary configuration's high waste heat under control.
- Alternate Configuration A
- Opting for sheer short range stopping power, the A configuration mounts a massive UAC/20, potentially able to destroy an enemy fighter in a single volley, and is supported by a wing-mounted Streak SRM-6 on each side. To give this configuration some offensive ability at range, an ER PPC is squeezed in beside the massive autocannon in the nose, with an ER large laser mounted aft. Two tons of Streak reloads and a whopping four tons of autocannon ammunition keeps the A in the combat zone, while five additional double heat sinks strive to prevent an ammunition explosion. BV (1.0) = 2,519, BV (2.0) = 2,607
- Alternate Configuration B
- Designed to project power at range, the B configuration carries twin Gauss rifles in its nose with a single ER large laser mounted in each wing for when the four tons of gauss ammunition runs dry. An ER medium laser and medium pulse laser are mounted aft. BV (1.0) = 2,628, BV (2.0) = 2,758
- Alternate Configuration C
- Superficially similar to the A with an LB 20-X AC in the nose, rather than a single PPC, it also mounts two ER large lasers in the nose. Supporting the lasers is an LRM-10 in each wing, supported by four tons of reloads compared to the autocannons meager two tons. A rear mounted ER large laser and large pulse laser gives serious pause to any opposing pilot attacking from the rear. BV (1.0) = 2,157, BV (2.0) = 2,337
- Alternate Configuration D
- Reflecting the Crusader Wolves post–Great Refusal mindset, the D configuration mounts a Gauss rifle and two ATM-12 launchers in the nose, with an ER large laser in each wing. Though ignoring the aft-mounted weapons of the other configurations, two tons of reloads keeps the Gauss rifle in operations during most missions and three tons of ATM ammunition allows the fighter to carry whatever mixture of the three ATM missile types the pilot desires. BV (1.0) = 2,413, BV (2.0) = 2,864
- Alternate Configuration E
- This Jihad-era variant carries three ER medium lasers, but its primary firepower comes from the three HAG/20s mounted in the nose and wings. Six tons of ammunition in a CASE protected bay ensures the Jagatai E will terrorize DropShips as well as aerospace fighters. BV (2.0) = 2,634
- Alternate Configuration X
- The Jagatai X is intended for use on the electronics-heavy battlefields of the Jihad. It uses an experimental Angel ECM suite to disrupt enemy communications and targeting and a light active probe to find enemy forces. To destroy the foes it finds, the Jagatai X carries a quartet of LRM-20s with Artemis V fire control systems. BV (2.0) = 2,978
Original Jagatai from TRO:3055
Jagatai from TRO:3057
Jagatai from TRO:3055 Upgrade
- ↑ MUL online date for the Jagatai
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 109
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 109
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, pp. 190-191, "Jagatai OmniFighter Profile and BV listing"
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 121
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 Master Unit List: Battle Values, pp. 180-181
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 338
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Technical Readout: 3055, pp. 158-159, "Jagatai OmniFighter Profile"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Technical Readout: 3055 Revised, p. 142, "Jagatai Fighter Profile"
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 122
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 339
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 123
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 340
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 124
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 341
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 342
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 343
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 344