|Frame||Eden Compact 90|
|Power Plant||280 XL Engine|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Wolf's eye 7|
|Heat Sinks||15 Double Heat Sinks|
With the prototypes first fielded during Trial of Possessions in 3016, the Jagatai quickly proved its worth, entering full production in 3019 and becoming the Wolf Clan's standard heavy OmniFighter, also seeing service among numerous other Clans in a variety of air superiority roles.
While only featuring average maneuverability for its size, the 70-ton Jagatai mounts more armor and larger fuel tanks than its nearest rivals, allowing it linger longer on station. The use of an XL Engine and Ferro-Aluminum armor free up weight for 39 tons of available pod space, but like many OmniFighters the Jagatai suffers pedestrian heat dissipation with just fifteen Double Heat Sinks mounted on its base chassis.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary configuration of the Jagatai mounts an LRM-20 and two tons of ammo directly below the cockpit, supported by a ER PPC and Large Pulse Laser fitted to each wing. A further large pulse laser is mounted aft to discourage pursuit and large enough to actually do the job, while two extra double heat sinks attempt to keep the primary configuration's high waste heat under control.
- Alt. Config. A
- Opting for sheer short range stopping power the A variant mounts a massive Ultra AC/20, potentially able to destroy an enemy fighter in a single volley, supported by a wing mounted Streak SRM-6 on each side. To give this configuration some offensive ability at range, an ER PPC is squeezed in beside the massive autocannon in the nose, with an ER Large Laser mounted aft. Two tons of Streak reloads and a whopping four tons of autocannon ammunition keeps the A variant in the combat zone, while five additional heat sinks strive to prevent an ammunition explosion. BV (1.0) = 2,519, BV (2.0) = 2,607
- Alt. Config. B
- Designed to project power at range, the B variant carries twin Gauss Rifles in its nose with a single ER Large Laser mounted in each wing for when the four tons of gauss ammunition runs dry. An ER Medium and Pulse Laser are mounted aft. BV (1.0) = 2,628, BV (2.0) = 2,758
- Alt. Config. C
- Superficially similar to the A with an LB 20-X AC in the nose, rather than a single PPC it also mounts two ER Large Lasers in the nose. Supporting the lasers is an LRM-10 in each wing, supported by four tons of reloads compared to the autocannons meager two tons. Two large lasers, one pulse and one extended range, gives serious pause to any opposing pilot attacking from the rear. BV (1.0) = 2,157, BV (2.0) = 2,337
- Alt. Config. D
- Reflecting the Crusader Wolves post-Great Refusal mindset, the D mounts a Gauss Rifle and two ATM-12 launchers in the nose, with an extended range large laser in each wing. Though ignoring the aft mounted weapons of the other configurations, two tons of reloads keeps the gauss rifle in operations during most missions and three tons of ATM ammunition allows the fighter to carry whatever mixture of the three ATM missile types the pilot desires. BV (1.0) = 2,413, BV (2.0) = 2,864
- Alt. Config. E
- This Jihad-era variant carries three ER Medium Lasers, but its primary firepower comes from the three HAG/20s mounted in the nose and wings. Six tons of ammunition in a CASE protected bay insures the Jagatai-E will terrorize DropShips as well as Aerospace Fighters. BV (2.0) = 2,634
- Alt. Config. X
- The Jagatai-X is intended for use on the electronics-heavy battlefields of the Jihad. It uses an experimental Angel ECM Suite to disrupt enemy communications and targeting and a Light Active Probe to find enemy forces. To destroy the foes it finds, the Jagatai-X carries a quartet of LRM-20s with Artemis V fire control systems. BV (2.0) = 2,978
Original Jagatai from TRO:3055
Reissued Jagatai from TRO:3057
Reissued Jagatai from TRO:3055 Upgrade
- MUL online date for the Jagatai
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, pp. 190-191, "Jagatai OmniFighter Profile and BV listing"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 121
- Master Unit List: Battle Values, pp. 180-181
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 338
- Technical Readout: 3055, pp. 158-159, "Jagatai OmniFighter Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Revised, p. 142, "Jagatai Fighter Profile"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 122
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 339
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 123
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 340
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 124
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 341
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 342
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 343
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 344