Jerome Winson (Individual Liberator-class WarShip)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
Six Avatar-class cruisers survived the Amaris Civil War and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus; all six Avatars were subjected to an extensive refurbishment and upgrade program in the thirty-first century to produce the new Liberator-class cruiser, including the Jerome Winson.
As at 3059 the Jerome Winson was serving as the CWS Jerome Winson within the Clan Wolf touman and was acting either as an escort vessel between the worlds of the Clan Wolf Occupation Zone and the Clan Homeworlds or as a patrol vessel within the Homeworlds. The Jerome Winson remained an active part of the Wolf touman for the next decade and into the chaos of the Jihad.
The Jerome Winson was one of a handful of Clan Wolf WarShips confirmed to have survived the Jihad. During the Dark Age the Jerome Winson remained an active part of the Wolf touman, although maintaining their diminished WarShip fleet remained a continual problem for the Wolves due to their lack of shipyards; fortunately, the Wolves were able to contract with Clan Sea Fox to have some work done at the Sea Fox shipyards. By 3145 the Jerome Winson was one of five active WarShips in the Clan Wolf Naval Star, serving alongside a sister ship, the CWS Victoria Ward, the Cameron-class heavy cruiser CWS Bloody Fang, the Sovetskii Soyuz-class heavy cruiser CWS Dire Wolf and the Wolf flagship, the Congress-class frigate CWS Rogue.
When Clan Wolf abandoned its Occupation Zone and relocated, conquering a swath of worlds on the border between the Free Worlds League and the Lyran Commonwealth to form the new Wolf Empire, the Jerome Winson and the other WarShips of the Clan Wolf Naval Star were largely conspicuous by their absence; while the newly-established Wolf Empire contained nothing more by way of shipyards than their former Occupation Zone did, the Jerome Winson was no worse off for support and maintenance facilities than she had been before - save that the Sea Fox shipyards were further away than they had been.
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, p. 152, "Liberator"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 139, "Naval Assets"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 52, "Naval Assets"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 21, "Fleet Assets"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 161, "Clan Wolf Fleet"