- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
Described as tall and thin with pale blue eyes said to be characteristic of the Ward Bloodline, John Ward was a direct descendant of Loremaster and Delta Galaxy commander Conal Ward. An excellent commander and MechWarrior who deeply believed in the Warden cause and was also noted to have a love for literature, Star Colonel Ward has also been described as an arrogant fool at times. He was often in direct opposition to the agenda of Loremaster Ward. Though the two maintained an image of close friendship in public, in private, arguments and rifts between the two were not uncommon.
After Natasha Kerensky became Khan of Clan Wolf and the sacking of Conal Ward by ilKhan Ulric Kerensky, John Ward was chosen to command Delta Galaxy. This decision was made to spite Star Colonel Marcos Radick who expected to inherit the command from Conal Ward.
Operation Revival and Beyond
Commanding the Wolves' 11th Wolf Guards Cluster, Star Colonel Ward would see action on Oberon VI, Svelvik, Leoben, Kufstein, and Vorarlberg, while attacking Shaula and Carse as part of a larger action with Delta Galaxy. He was wounded during the Battle of Tukayyid, helping his Clan in its victory against the Com Guards.
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 100 - "Star Colonel John Ward"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 83 - "Marcos Radick, Profile"
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 57 through 69 - "Wolf Clan Occupation Zone"
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 99, 100 - "11th Wolf Guards"
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 50, 51 - "Days of Armageddon, Wolf"