Luna Defense Militia
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Read more →
|Luna Defense Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3078)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The Luna Defense Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Luna. As of 3075 it was the only unit raised from this planet.
On the 18 of August 3078, a DEST unit, elements of the Star Seeds, elementals from the Alpha Galaxy from Clan Jade Falcon, elementals from Delta Galaxy from Clan Wolf plus the the infantry assets from Cumberland's Missiliers (reinforced still by the elementals belonging to Clan Wolf-in-Exile) attacked Luna City, where the Luna Defense Militia was digged in. The fight was very though, but finally Luna was taken, and maintained thanks to Captain Marcel Webb discovering and stopping a self-destruct mechanism. The Misiliers lost half their troops in just six hours of fighting.
The Militia was fully destroyed with no survivors.
|Commanding Officers of the Luna Defense Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment
- Total Chaos, p. 197-199, "MOON MAZE"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"