Pandora 'Mech Works
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Pandora 'Mech Works|
Pandora 'Mech Works were hoping that the newly developed Winston Combat Vehicle would become the light main battle tank of choice for the newly formed Republic Armed Forces within the Republic of the Sphere in the early 3080s. However, the light weight of the Winston and the lack of a main gun were seen as disadvantages compared to the heavier main battle tanks in service with other nations, and the RAF indicated that they would be going with Aldis Industries' Kinnol instead. That caused Pandora to quickly submit their M-series assault-class main battle tank for consideration, despite the contract for such a vehicle not actually having been advertised yet. The Pandora bid was reviewed along with those received after the contract was advertised, but as Pandora had already begun trialling an operational design themselves even as the bids were being reviewed, they were already ahead of the competition. As a result, the Marksman M1 was chosen by the RAF procurement system, with the intention that by 3095 every world in the Republic would be able to boast at least one lance of the new combat vehicle. Pandora also received permission to sell a modified version of the Marksman M1 outside the Republic, giving the company access to another revenue stream.
Pandora 'Mech Works has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on Terra:|
|Marksman M1A MBT||Tracked Vehicles|
|Puma||Tracked Vehicles - Assault Tank|
|Winston Combat Vehicle||Tracked Vehicles - Combat Vehicle|
|Fusion Engine - Light|
|Pitban 210 Light||Winston|
|Edasich 285 Light||Marksman M1|
|Armor - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|AmberStar Weave Standard||Puma|
|Armor - FF - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|AmberStar Weave Heavy Ferro-Fibrous||Winston & Marksman M1|
|COMTEC 400E||Puma, Winston & Marksman M1|
|Groundtracker EE-4||Puma, Winston & Marksman M1|
|Krieger C1 Series||Marksman M1|
|Skylight Model 5||Puma|
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 16, "Marksman M1A MBT"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 182, "Produced Puma Tank Components"
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 40, "Winston Combat Vehicle being produced by Pandora on Terra".
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 16, "Produced Marksman M1 Components".