|Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||DSAM Endo 5|
|Engine||GM 375 XL|
|Communications System||Garret GBX-2 Amalgamated|
After the success of the Mad Cat Mk II design, which increased the tonnage and weaponry of the Mad Cat, Clan Ghost Bear applied these same changes to the medium Ryoken. The result, the Ryoken II, first walked off the assembly line in 3075 during the Word of Blake Jihad. When the Ghost Bears later decided to sell some to the Republic of the Sphere, it caused a ruckus among some of the Clans, including a few Trials of Grievance from Clan Hell's Horses.
The Ryoken II is slower than its antecedent, only capable of 87 km/h, though it has more weight available for equipment and weapons. It is built on an Endo Steel chassis and is protected by thirteen and a half tons of armor.
Weapons and Equipment
A long-range combatant, the Ryoken II carries four Type OVR-X LB-X Autocannon/2s that make excellent anti-aircraft guns. Two Type XVI LRM-15s allow the use of indirect support as well as direct. Limited ammunition forces any MechWarrior to make quick work of his or her enemies. The standard complement of double heat sinks keep the 'Mech chilly.
- Ryoken II 2
- This variant is better suited to close range work and was introduced during the Jihad. It trades the autocannons for a pair of Ultra Autocannon/10s and four tons of ammunition for them. Though ammo stores are still limited, this variant is more likely to succeed in greatly damaging its opponent before the stores run out. This is also more imperative, as it mounts two tons less armor. BV (1.0) = 1,842 BV (2.0) = 2,141
- Ryoken II 3
- A Hell's Horses' variant from the Jihad era, which is based on the Ryoken II 2 variant. The Horses removed the original's LB2-X guns for a pair of Class 20 Hyper Assault Gauss Rifles mounted in its side torsos, and the pair of LRM 15 launchers from the original Ryoken II. The launchers' ammunition is moved to the 'Mech's arms while the HAG ammunition is stored in the side torsos along with the guns. This variant retains the same armor protection of the Ryoken II 2. BV (2.0) = 2,336
- Tassa Kay
- Her customized version utilizes twelve tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, the most the design can mount. Two ER PPCs provide long range damage capability, while a pair of ER Medium Lasers and Streak SRM-6s can exploit the holes the PPCs makes in an enemy's armor. Fifteen double heat sinks keeps the 'Mech relatively cool, while jump jets enable her to vault up to 150 meters at a time. The weapons loadout bears a great resemblance to the Warhammer her genetic mother Natasha Kerensky piloted as a member of Wolf's Dragoons. BV (1.0) = 2,871
- Stormcrow (Ryoken) - The Ryoken II was created as a heavier, non-Omni version of the Stormcrow.
- Isabel Siwek, old commander of a militia unit in planet Acamar. She crushed a small farmer revolt burning towns and even part of a city. Knight Janella Lakewood arrest her, leaving her big scars. She ended in prison, but in 3133 reappeared on Basalt as second commander in mercenary unit of Aldrington Emblyn, who tried to seize power on the planet. Siwek received a bribe and in the battle of Obsidian island, betrayed his superior, Major Catford... who turned his Jupiter on her and kill her in a lethal attack.
The shields on the Ryoken II's arms are identical to those used by the Ground Gundams in the anime series Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team.
Original Ryoken II from TRO:3075
- MUL online date for the Ryoken II
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 64
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 145
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 272
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 144
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 65
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 127
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 273
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 128
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 274
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 66
- Ghost War, p. 287