- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Also known as||Urien Domei|
|Parents|| Jeremy Brett (father)|
Therese Marik (mother)
He was described as such,
|“||Tall and lanky like his father but with his mother's classical looks and raven hair, Photon Brett-Marik was every inch the martial Marik.||”|
Early Life & Career
As a nephew of Thomas Marik, but a member of a distaff branch of the family that was all but disowned, Photon did not seek to use the family name to his benefit. In order to ensure he received no special treatment, Photon enlisted in the Free Worlds League Military in 3033 under the name "Urien Domei". He lived as Urien Domei for seventeen years. During the Andurien Secession he fought on Conquista.
In 3048, "Urien Domei" was promoted to Lieutenant-Colonel and executive officer of the Second Free Worlds Guards. He took part in a raid on the Federated Commonwealth world of Dixie in 3050 that mauled the Dixie Tamarind March Militia. He was awarded the Order of the Saber by the Captain-General for his actions. Captain-General Marik awarded it to Photon under his real name, shattering his persona.
In 3071, Duchess Therese Marik declared the Duchy of Tamarind independent from the Free Worlds League, named herself the political leader, and placed Photon in charge of all military assets, naming him Marshall to replace his assassinated father. In 3075, Photon coordinated an offensive with the Buena Archonette of the Lyran Alliance against the worlds of Poulsbo and Khon Kaen, both of which had been occupied by Circinus Federation and Word of Blake troops since mid-March. Photon's proposed plan of attack was agreed with the Buena Archonette on the 16th of May, and although the Tamarind and Lyran forces took heavy damage, the operation was a success. The Lyrans took Poulsbo while Tamarind claimed Khon Kaen.
Marriage and Children
Photon is married to Samantha.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 74, "Photon Brett-Marik"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 146, "2nd Free Worlds Guards"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 5, "Families"
- Shattered Sphere, p. 81, "Lieutenant-Colonel Photon Brett-Marik"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 45, "Officers"
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 77
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, pp. 60-61, "Photon to Command Tamarind's Forces"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 20, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 50, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 15, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 53, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 16, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 38, "Lyran, League Troops Repel Circinus Invaders"