2nd Robinson Strikers
|2nd Robinson Strikers LCT|
|Unit Profile (as of 3085)|
|Parent Formation||Robinson Brigade|
Formed after the Jihad ended, the Second Robinson Strikers were created by stripping a battalion of 'Mechs from the 1st Robinson Rangers. About half of the troops who formed the initial Strikers were transferred from the Robinson Rangers organization, while the other half were new graduates and veterans who had served under Tancred Sandoval during the FedCom Civil War. These two groups had very different ideas about the unit's place in the AFFS and this led to a great deal of internal strife.
Operation MATADOR and the Post-Jihad Era
To calm these frictions between the two groups, the Second Strikers were assigned to participate in Operation MATADOR. Fighting alongside the 8th Syrtis Fusiliers, the Second Robinson Strikers landed on Hyalite. There the two units drove the 3rd Taurian Lancers Second Battalion off the world. This success also boosted the morale of the unit and improved its skills. The death of some of the biggest pro-Ranger agitators in the unit also brought the Second Striker's loyalty firmly behind New Avalon. The operation also seasoned the unit's troops and improved it's overall moral. The Second Strikers are currently on Brusett in the Capellan March, and are using the time to put together their new air wing of Stuka and Sparrowhawk fighters. They are expected to rotate back to the Draconis March in 3088. In July 3086, the First and Second Strikers became two of the first three units to receive supplies of the new Cuirass BattleMech from Robinson Standard BattleWorks, sharing the production run with the prestigious Davion Light Guards.
Draconis Combine Invasion of 3144 and it's Destruction
The unit is structured to be a fast moving cavalry unit, with it's Combat Vehicles and Mech assets being Light and Medium weight Classes, while it's heavier Battle Armor units utilizes VTOLs to allow them keep up with unit's maneuvering on the battlefield. The unit specializes in close quarters combat, a style inherited from defunct Second Robinson Rangers, giving them better skills melee combat and piloting
- CO: Leftenant General Darryl Groell
- CO: Colonel Romolo Marshall
2nd Robinson Strikers Armor Brigade (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Leftenant General Avima'el Didikov
2nd Robinson Strikers Infantry Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Jove Warwick
Errant Note: Originally it was published in the Hitotsume Kozo's write up describes the First Ghost being the unit that confronts the strikers. However, the later published Field Manual: 3145, changes the event being the Sixth Benjamin Regulars were detailed having stolen the Ghost's assigned target world, which lead to the Strikers' destruction. It's assumed due that due to policy with Catalyst Game Labs, that Strikers were destroyed by the Regulars due to policy of "New trumps old" when it comes to canon. For sake of simplicity in this article, regiment name is not mentioned until final errant is issued on this.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 62 First & Second Robinson Strikers - Both unit fluff describes what exactly the Light Combat Unit is suppose to be like.
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 14
- Field Manual: 3085, pp. 54, 62 - Some of the 2nd Robinson Striker's actions during Operation Matador and it's after math.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 62
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 26, "Deployment"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 83 Draconis March Militia - Kentares DMM second battalion was donated to rebuild the Striker's 'Mech battalion.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 40 - Deployment Ghost engaged and destroyed Second Strikers
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 80 Robinson March Brigade - Second Robinson Strikers demised noted in brigade write up.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 73, "Warren PDZ (Warren Command)"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 62 Robinson March Brigade - Both 1st and the 2nd Robinson Striker units described together in First's listing how the unit used aka it's Tactics.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 189 Special Command Abilities/Second Robinson Strikers - Abilities translated into tactics used by the 2nd Strikers.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 60 First Ghosts - 6th Benjamin Regulars invades Mara instead of First Ghost, destroying the 2nd Robinson Strikers.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 40 - Fluff original depects First Ghosts being the invaders of Mara.