4th Liao Guards
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- A Special New Year's Community Outreach - Nic from Sarna!
- Did You Know? - Scout ‘Mechs
- MWO World Championship Analysis with BanditB17 and mdmzero0
- Read more →
|4th Liao Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||Asuncion Halberdiers (2765), Sarna Rifles (3145)|
|Parent Formation||Liao Guards|
The Fourth Liao Guards were formed shortly after the 3rd Liao Guards at the request of the Strategios. The CCAF commanders realized that the Third was unlikely to provide any militarily-valuable service to the Confederation, so the Fourth was formed. They were known for being dedicated soldiers who had little time for the "pomp and circumstance" of the other Liao Guards units. After their successful garrison of Asuncion, they received their nickname "Asuncion Halberdiers."
First Succession War
During the First Succession War the Fourth fought the Free Worlds League Military's invasion of the Sarna Commonality. They were highly effective in this role, and forced the FWLM to use nuclear weapons to destroy them.
The Fourth Liao Guards were reformed sometime before Operation GREAT FLOOD as one of the Hidden Lion regiments resurrected by Chancellor Daoshen Liao using stockpiled equipment. The new Liao Guards used the Augmented Regiment formations commonly found in the CCAF by 3145. They were a front-line regiment of the Tikonov Commonality.
Operation GREAT FLOOD
During Operation GREAT FLOOD, the Fourth Liao Guards replaced the Third Sian Dragoons following the latter's 18 month failure to pacify Tall Trees. The Fourth engaged the rebel Tall Trees Union in a counterinsurgency campaign that saw the complete destruction of the group.
Operation CELESTIAL REWARD
The BattleMech and Infantry units of the regiment are trained to work together.
4th Liao Guards (Regular/Reliable) 
4th Liao Guards (Regular/Reliable)(65% Strength)
- CO: Sang-shao Sarita Krishnavati
8th Sarna Air Defense Wing (Regular/Fanatical)(85% Strength)
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Milt O’Mally
43rd Sarna Home Guard (Regular/Reliable)(70% Strength)
- CO: Zhong-shao Reid Ghant
5th Sarn Commandos (4 Battalions/Veteran/Fanatical)(80% Strength)
- CO: Zhong-shao Roelof Neulen
- The unit had a "B" Equipment Rating. They had numerous Assassins, Firebees, Riflemans and Wolverines.
Color Scheme and Unit Insignia
Crossed sniper rifles.
The Sarna Rifles have trained hard to develop synergy between their BattleMechs and infantry. Whenever a Fourth Guards infantry unit occupies an enemy unit’s hex, or any hex to the enemy unit, the Fourth’s BattleMechs may make direct-fire attacks against that enemy unit through any number of interceding wooded terrain hexes (but not through solid obstructions like buildings and hills). Each woods hex still applies its normal tohit roll modifier in these conditions, but the line-of-sight is never considered completely blocked by woods alone. Conversely, Fourth Guards infantry units receive a –2 to-hit modifier for all Anti-’Mech attacks made against an enemy unit that is adjacent to a Fourth Guards BattleMech in that turn.
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation, p. 11
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 35
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 27, "General Review"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 28, "THE NEW OLD-FASHIONED WAY" Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "FM:3145p28" defined multiple times with different content
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 47
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 206
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 29, "Sian Commonality"