|Manufacturer||Arcturan Arms/MacEnroe Motors|
|Chassis||Arc Walker 6X-B|
|Armor||Diamond Skin Beta Series|
|Engine||AA Etema 300|
|Communications System||Arc-Signal 1100|
The predecessor to Clan Steel Viper's Crossbow OmniMech, the original Crossbow first saw battlefield action for the Lyran Commonwealth in 2468. The production model, the 6B, came a few years later. The heavy 'Mech was the first produced by Arcturan Arms and the third homegrown BattleMech produced in the Commonwealth. Arcuran Arms fell on hard times when the capital was relocated from Arcturus to Tharkad, forcing them to shut down the factory in 2490 after producing only a few hundred Crossbows. MacEnroe Motors bought out the financially troubled company in 2541, which shut down Crossbow production in 2550.
The 60-ton 'Mech is speedy for its era, capable of 86 km/h. This came at the expense of armor, however, as the Crossbow is only protected by eight tons of armor.
A fire support 'Mech, the Crossbow carries a pair of CDC Double-Five LRM-10s. A pair of Rassal Blue-Beam Medium Lasers back them up at close range. The four weapons are all mounted in the arms, which were envisaged as easily-repairable turrets as much as arms. It is this configuration that seems to have been the inspiration for the Clan OmniMech. The Crossbow's only torso-mounted weapon is an A-4 “Lightning” Series PPC. The lack of any additional heat sinks leaves the PPC as a medium-range weapon or an alternative when the Crossbow runs out of missiles.
- CRS-X – The prototype used less sophisticated components, forcing the downgrade of many weapon systems. Each arm carried a pair of LRM-5 launchers and a Medium Laser, while a single Large Laser mounted in the torso provided additional long range firepower. The Primitive Engine drove this version of the Crossbow at a top speed of 64km/h. The bulk of the engine, cockpit, and armor required engineers to devote more tonnage to armor. This would be overcome in later versions of the Crossbow.
- CRS-6C – This variant, meant for close-quarters action, removed the missile launchers and one laser in favor of an Autocannon/10, though it had a limited ammunition supply. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 1,204
- CRS-9A – A variant dating to the 3070s, the 9A upgrades the Crossbow by removing all the weapons. In their places are two Streak SRM-6s and a pair of ER Medium Lasers. An ER Large Laser provides long-range firepower for this close-range brawler. The heat dissipation system is upgraded with double heat sinks, giving it adequate capabilities. The use of the remaining tonnage and Ferro-Fibrous armor allowed the designers to substantially upgrade the armor protection. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 1,583
 Related OmniMechs
- Crossbow - The self-contained, arm-mounted LRMs of the Crossbow BattleMech "likely inspired" the Clan Crossbow OmniMech.
 Design Quirks
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 278-279, "Crossbow Profile"
- ↑ Era Digest: Age of War, p. 11
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 2, p. 6
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 195
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Technical Readout: 3075, p. 278
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 259
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 196
- ↑ MUL Crossbow 9A
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 260
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 197
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, pg. 278