- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Donar Assault Helicopter|
|Armor||Compound A2F Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||Unit 2J "Boxer"|
|Targeting Tracking System||HT9 TTS|
|BV (1.0)|| 1,439|
The Donar Assault Helicopter is a versatile VTOL that is useful in a variety of roles, similar in concept to the Inner Sphere's Warrior. The helicopter is operated by a pilot and copilot/gunner seated in a tandem configuration, with a limited amount of redundancy in both positions should one or the other be knocked out. Three tons of Compound A2F Ferro-Fibrous armor keeps its safe from small arms fire, and its rotary blades will remain operational even when hit by 40mm calibre weapons. The well-armored hide nonetheless gives the Donar a good survival rate in low-altitude crashes. Like most VTOLs, the Donar is fast, capable of achieving up to 151 km/h.
Typically used as a scout, Clan Hell's Horses also field the Donar as an anti-armor and fire support vehicle, while Clan Steel Vipers use Donars as mobile support for their infantry. The Second SLDF was able to capture a number of Donars from Clan Smoke Jaguar during Operation Bulldog.
Weapons and Equipment
As its name suggests, the Assault Helicopter excels at softening an enemy up at range, using its Series 7J ER Large Laser against targets up to 750 meters away, then darting in to scour an opponent with its twin Pattern J2 Streak SRM-2 launchers. While the Donar was originally commissioned to provide quick fire support, its missiles are effective at exploiting the holes that its laser can open up. Both weapons systems are aimed with the HT9 target and tracking system which uses a "look-hit" smart system, tracking the firer's eye movements and correlating that with sensor data to lock onto a target. The HT9 has a steep learning curve, but allows for expert marksmanship. The SRM launcher also makes use of the CASE system.
- Only two combat vehicle variants are in normal use by the Clans of Kerensky, and this reconnaissance/scout version of the Donar is one of them. Most popular with Clan Goliath Scorpion, the recon variant replaces the missile launchers with an Active Probe, ECM Suite, and TAG. This enables it to find hidden units, then call down artillery on them. BV (1.0) = 1,169 (1,113), BV (2.0) = 808
- Close Support
- Jihad revision of the Donar, which only retains its armor and engine from baseline chassis. The Close Support been given some Advanced Tech upgrades. Used as spotter, and recon unit, the Donar been given front-mounted Light TAG & has a Active Probe placed in a rotor's Mast Mount. For weaponry, the vehicle now has pair of front-mounted Heavy Medium Lasers. Regular SRM Streaks have been replaced by pair of Streak SRM-2 I-OS Launchers also mounted in front. BV (2.0) = 582
Image of the Donar from MWDA dossier of Alyson Pelayo
- MUL online date for the Donar
- Combat Operations, p. 108
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 23
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 40-41, "Donar VTOL Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 62
- Combat Operations, p. 113
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 24
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 64
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 63