Fortress Republic (novel)
- This article is about the novel. For the event, see Fortress Republic.
|Author||Loren L. Coleman|
|Cover artwork||(no attribution)|
|First published||4 October 2005|
|Era||Dark Age era|
|Series||MechWarrior: Dark Age Novels|
|Preceded by||Heretic's Faith|
|Followed by||Blood Avatar|
From the back cover
|“|| Julian Davion—Prince's Champion of the Federated Suns—is a warrior who has lost his way. Amidst political turmoil and the shifting fortunes of war, he struggles to find his destiny...
Julian's First Davion Guards have restored order on Terra. The Republic is closing its borders, keeping its core intact while leaving farther-flung worlds to fend for themselves. But The Republic is not only being attacked from without—it's being undermined from within, and the hunt for seditionists continues.
Ex-knight and now-senator Conner Rhys-Monroe still leads the fight to destroy the Republic from the inside. He is expertly opposed by Countess Tara Campbell, leader of the Highlanders and the Republic's best hope on the outside. Terra lies at the center of their titanic tug-of-war, where Julian struggles to keep his footing in a situation shifting like blood-drenched quicksand.
This is second part of "The Republic of the Sphere" duology, covering the events 3134–3135. This is a very busy, which the novel steeped in multiple story arches of events accruing across the remains of The Republic of the Sphere and the Federated Suns. The novel deals with following major events:
- The Republic Civil War - The continuation of the conflict between nobility and Knights of The Republic. Which highlights Julian Davion's Allied Coalition actions against Conner Rhys-Monroe's expedition force fighting for Ronel and its functional HPG station. Senator Conner needing the station for his region of space, so to secure set for his coalition of worlds. This would secure his region as part of the Senate Alliance. Exarch Levin's hard decisions he must take in order to save Devlin Stone's dream of The Republic from dying completely.
- Swordsworn splinter militia – The Swordsworn's protagonists Aaron Sandoval and Eric Sandoval-Groell continuing struggle to gather and secure more world under their control in attempt to unifying them with the Federated Suns. As Aaron and Eric grow restless with each other methods and views which way to steer their organization's future.
- Julian Davion – Julian Davion's story of him struggling under his cousin's, Caleb Davion, leadership as First Prince of Federated Suns and how trying to fulfilled now comatose Prince Harrison Davion's last order to work with the struggling Exarch's forces fight off the Senator's attempt for control of The Republic.
- Prince's Champion Julian Davion
- Senator Conner Rhys-Monroe
- Countess Tara Campbell
- First Prince Caleb Davion
- Commander Erik Sandoval-Groell
- Mandrissa Danai Centrella-Liao