- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Irece Alpha, others|
|Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Type D-SA Modified Endo Steel|
|Armor||Epsilon Compound 31 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Series V Fusion 315 XL|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unknown|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||Clan Type 2 Light|
The Jenner was first fielded in September 2784, the same year the Exodus fleet that would eventually become the Clans left the Inner Sphere in November. How exactly they acquired this design in that short timeframe is not known, but what is known is that the Clan version fields Clan weaponry, so it is known as the Jenner IIC. This second-line BattleMech is still a fast light that is now capable of delivering plenty of short-range missiles. To achieve this, it uses an XL Engine, Endo Steel structure, and mounts only three and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. It also carries enough jump jets to leap up to 210 meters at a time. This results in an expensive garrison 'Mech, but one that is still in production nonetheless.
Unique among the IIC models, the Jenner IIC changes the leg mechanism found on the original design. While the original Jenner, despite otherwise sharing design characteristics common in Marauder-descended reverse articulated 'Mechs, had standard forward articulated legs, the IIC model has reverse articulated legs similar to those on the Stormcrow.
Weapons and Equipment
This fast striker carries a Streak SRM-4 and two SRM-6 launchers. This hail of missiles can quickly overcome a light 'Mech, though it does leave the Jenner IIC vulnerable to opponents who mount an Anti-Missile System.
- Jenner IIC 2
- This support variant replaces the short-range missile launchers with an ER Large Laser and an LRM-5. A Small Pulse Laser provides defense against conventional infantry and other units that stray too close. Its jumping capacity is increased to 270 meters. BV (1.0) = 1,330, BV (2.0) = 1,406
- Jenner IIC 4
- Clan Nova Cat, the primary users of the Jenner IIC, created this variant after they moved to the Inner Sphere. Though it changes the appearance of the 'Mech, the actual specifications of the design changed little. It retains the Streak SRM-4, but replaced the standard missile launchers with a pair of ATM 3s, each of which is accompanied by a ton of ammunition. BV (1.0) = 1,030, BV (2.0) = 1,052
- MUL online date for the Jenner IIC
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 178
- Combat Operations, p. 110
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 179
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 180
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 181