|Manufacturer||Kerensky Memorial Manufacturing|
|Chassis||85-100T Support Reinforced Lambda Profile|
|Engine||255 XL Engine|
The Osteon is The Society's assault class OmniMech. To maximize the 'Mech's battlefield longevity, the designers focused on survivability above other considerations. Eighteen tons of Ferro-Lamellor armor provide excellent protection against weapons fire, but in case the armor is breached the Reinforced Structure will resist most attacks. In addition, the Torso-Mounted Cockpit allows the Osteon's pilot to take advantage of the heavy center torso armor. In the primary configuration the huge ammunition bays are protected by CASE II systems, further insurance against critical damage. To maximize the Osteon's damage potential, a Nova CEWS allows the unit to share targeting data with friendly units. This equipment is so valuable that it's permanently mounted in the 'Mech's head.
The primary configuration uses a quartet of iATM 9 missile launchers as its primary armament. To maintain a domineering presence on the battlefield, these launchers can draw from thirteen tons of ammunition stored in five separate bays. This allows the Osteon to launch up to ninety salvos at enemy forces.
- Alternate Configuration A - The Osteon-A uses a trio of Mech Mortar/8s to lay down suppressive fire against conventional infantry, Battle Armor, ProtoMechs, and other light 'Mechs. Six tons of mortar ammunition provide an ample supply for a battle, but the lack of CASE or CASE II protection may concern some warriors. To augment this long range power, the 'Mech carries a single ER Large Laser in the left torso. For close in work, the Osteon-A carries a Medium Pulse Laser in the right torso, and each arm carries a pair of Improved Heavy Medium Lasers. To dissipate the additional heat from these weapons, the 'Mech carries a total of fourteen Double Heat Sinks. BV (2.0) = 2,284
- Alternate Configuration B - This configuration uses energy weapons. Three ER Large Lasers provide covering fire as the Osteon closes. For shorter ranges, the 'Mech carries two Improved Heavy Large Lasers. For close combat, the Osteon-B carries a Large Vibroblade. Eighteen Double Heat sinks prevent overheating.
- Alternate Configuration C - A close-combat version, this variant carries four Medium Pulse Lasers and two Large Pulse Lasers tied to a Targeting Computer. Five Improved Jump Jets provide a surprise 150 meter jump radius.
- Alternate Configuration D - Another close-combat model, this configuration carries four Large Pulse Lasers. Unlike the Osteon-C this version lacks jump jets and the Targeting Computer. Instead it carries nineteen double heat sinks which allow it to stay in the fight for a long time.
- Alternate Configuration E - This version carries a HAG 20 in each arm. The head sports an ER Large Laser and ER Medium Laser.
- Alternate Configuration F - This configuration uses an ER Large Laser, Gauss Rifle, and Rotary AC/5 for its main weaponry. These are supplemented by eight Machine Guns split into two Machine Gun Arrays of four. Four tons of autocannon and two tons of Gauss Rifle ammo are carried.
- Alternate Configuration G - A fire-support variant, this configuration carries two Arrow IV missile launchers. Two ER Medium Lasers and two Medium Pulse Lasers provide close-range firepower.
- Alternate Configuration U - This variant is intended for underwater combat. Equipped with two Underwater Maneuvering Units for mobility beneath the waves and a BattleMech HarJel System for protection against hull breaches. The Osteon-U carries a quartet of LRT-15's paired with Artemis V Fire Control Systems to combat other subsurface threats. Nine tons of ammunition means that the Osteon-U will be able to stay in the fight for a long time.
 Custom Configurations
- Osteon Jaguar - Used by Russou Howell, a Dark Caste bandit known as "The Jaguar", this variant of the Osteon was custom-crafted by The Society in appreciation of Howell's assistance. It carries an Ultra AC/20, ER PPC, ER Large Laser, two ER Small Lasers, but its most interesting feature is the Retractable Blade mounted in the left arm.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 The Wars of Reaving, p. 217-218
- ↑ MUL online entry for Osteon
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 76
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 77
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 78
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 79
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 80
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 81
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 82
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 83