- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||L-5 Yards, Babylon|
|Safe Thrust||2 g|
|Max Thrust||3 g|
|Fuel (tons)||300 tons|
|Fuel (days)||163 days|
|Armament|| 7x ER Large Lasers |
4x Large Pulse Lasers
16x Medium Pulse Lasers
2x LB 10-X ACs
4x LRM-20s with Artemis IV FCS
4x SRM-6s with Artemis IV FCS
|Armor|| Unknown |
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||4/0|
|Heat Sinks||118 Double Heat Sinks|
Based on the venerable Intruder-class combined-arms transport, the Sassanid-class DropShip was the primary battle armor carrier among the Clan Toumans, able to carry 75 Elementals, a complete Trinary, into battle. In wide use among the Clan forces, Clan Smoke Jaguar possessed the bulk of produced vessels, while Clans Jade Falcon and Wolf operated the fewest.
Like many early Clan DropShips, the first Sassanids were merely cumbersome and ad-hoc refits of its parent design, with the first true new design versions produced in 2875. The modern craft provides each Star their own separate deck, with their own kit rooms, mess hall, medical facilities, and bunkrooms for each Point. However the Elementals spend most of their time in-transit in the advanced holographic simulator training areas on each deck, constantly honing their team-work and skills.
Well armed for its size, the Sassanid can generally see off most foes. The tightly packed nose bay features a single AC/5, twin ER Large Lasers, two Large Pulse Lasers and six Medium Pulse Lasers, an Artemis enhanced LRM-20 and twin SRM-6 launchers. Each fore angle mounts a single ER large laser, twin Medium Pulse Lasers, and LRM-20 and SRM-6 launchers along side an LB 10-X AC. Both rear angles features an ER Large Laser, two Medium Pulse Lasers and a single AC/5, which directly aft the Sassanid mounts another ER Large Laser, an LRM-20 rack, LB 10-X AC, twin Large Pulse Lasers and two Medium Pulse Lasers.
- online date for the Sassanid
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 219
- Technical Readout: 3057, pp. 78-79, "Sassanid DropShip Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, pp. 76-77, "DropShip Profile"