|Manufacturer||Gibson Federated BattleMechs|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Top Speed||32 km/h|
The Shedu is a battle armor design in the Word of Blake's Demon Series that is used exclusively by Manei Domini. Named for the half-bull, half-human demons of myth, the Shedu is an assault-class, quadrupedal battlesuit. This was one of the last of the Demons to be created by Precentor Vapula.
The major advantage of the quad chassis is its speed, and Vapula used that to give the Shedu a maximum ground speed of 32 km/h. He did not skimp on armor, however, giving it enough to withstand a Gauss Rifle slug.
The standard version of the Shedu can handle a variety of roles. It has a Modular Turret Mount that typically carries a Heavy Recoilless Rifle for anti-armor work. It is supplemented by a pair of Heavy Machine Guns that appear like horns on the battlesuit's “head”. In addition to being effective again armored targets up close, they can make short work of infantry. Note this design is actually illegal for tournament use as it is overweight by 25 KG.
- Support – One of the original variants of the Shedu the "Support" was designed with limited, short-range firepower in mind. This comes in the form of two One-Shot SRM-3s, which can make short work of light units or heavier units that have already been damaged. The staying power for this configuration comes from two Small Lasers. BV (2.0) = 69
- Recon – The second of the original two variants, the "Recon" is meant for reconnaissance. Improved Sensors give the Shedu variant the ability to sniff out ambushes and locate things that would otherwise be hidden. It is often undetected in this role thanks to an ECM Suite that block electronics and a Camo System that keeps it hidden from sight. It can contribute to the fight and remain hidden because its only weapon system is a Light Mortar that fires indirectly. BV (2.0) = 64
- PPC – The "PPC" is the first of the new variants that utilize the Word's Detachable Weapon Pack (DWP). Though the pack's bulk slows the battlesuit down to 10 km/h unless it is dropped, it gives the Shedu a Heavy Machine Gun. This is in addition to the pair of turret-mounted Support PPCs that give the variant its name. BV (2.0) = 72, 61
- Capture – The "Capture" configuration utilizes the DWP for a pair of Battle Armor Tasers, giving each suit the potential to force two BattleMechs to shut down, though at the cost of potential debilitating feedback. A turret-mounted Magshot Gauss Rifle provides withering firepower that enables the Shedu to stay in the fight even if it either uses all of its tasers or jettisons the DWP. BV (2.0) = 81, 67
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Technical Readout: 3075, p. 41
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 76
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 40
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 40-41
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 80
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 79
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 78
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 67