|Manufacturer||York OmniMech Y1 Facility|
|Armor||Compound Alpha Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||York Y2-Com|
|Targeting Tracking System||York Y-2 T&T|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
The Stooping Hawk is an extremely out-of-the-ordinary 'Mech for Clan Blood Spirit. The small, traditionally frugal Clan normally eschews OmniMechs in favor of traditional BattleMechs, let alone OmniMechs that use Endo Steel and Ferro-Fibrous in their construction. Even in this design, the scientists did not dare attempt the inclusion of an Extra-Light Engine, though it does make use of costly weapons and electronics in its various configurations. Conforming to the traditional, rugged designs that the Blood Spirits field, the Stooping Hawk mounts nine tons of armor.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary configuration uses jump jets to vault up to 150 meters at a time, though they are not mounted on the chassis itself. Its main gun is an Ultra Autocannon/10 that has enough rounds to keep it supplied throughout a traditional Trial. It is supported by four medium lasers, two extended range versions, and two pulses. The medium-range weaponry allows the 'Mech to excel at Trials where it can use cover (and its jumping ability) to its advantage.
- Alt. Config. A
- A direct-fire support variant, the A uses a pair of ER PPCs. It retains the jump jets of the primary configuration to aid in finding a spot to snipe from. The variant also mounts seven additional double heat sinks to keep the heat buildup controlled. BV (1.0) = 2,333, BV (2.0) = 2,319
- Alt. Config. B
- The B configuration is a missile boat that is capable of delivering forty-five long-range missiles through its three LRM-15 launchers, each of which is aided by an Artemis IV FCS. Four tons of ammunition keep it well-supplied, while a single ER Large Laser keeps it in the fight should ammunition run out. BV (1.0) = 1,709, BV (2.0) = 2,111
- Alt. Config. C
- The Stooping Hawk C comes equipped with two ER Large Lasers and two ER Medium Lasers, all of which are guided by an advanced Targeting Computer. It also uses jump jets to vault up to 150 meters, like the A, and it makes use of seven additional double heat sinks, like the A. BV (1.0) = 2,286, BV (2.0) = 2,435
- Alt. Config. D
- The newest variant uses heavy laser technology captured from Clan Star Adder. This all-energy variant uses an ER Large Laser, two ER Medium Lasers, and an ER Small Laser, but its punch comes from three Heavy Medium Lasers. In order to combat the massive heat buildup this design can produce, twelve double heat sinks are added. BV (1.0) = 1,639, BV (2.0) = 1,838
- Alt. Config. E
- This bulk of this configuration's weight is taken up by an LB 10-X AC with two tons of ammunition. It is supplemented by two ER Medium Lasers and the new ATM technology, utilizing three ATM-3s with three tons of ammo between the three launchers. BV (1.0) = 1,525, BV (2.0) = 1,674
- Alt. Config. F
- Introduced during the Jihad, this configuration was design for close-in fighting. Principly geared toward usage of energy weapons, it includes; pair of Heavy Medium Lasers & Medium Pulse Lasers, Heavy Small Lasers, and a Streak SRM 4 Launcher. Also, to enhanced its infighting abilities, its has been given eight Improved Jump Jets. Two additional Double Heat Sinks have been added to help 'Mech to cope with the additional heat. BV (2.0) = 1,988
- Alt. Config. G
- Also introduced during the Jihad, this configuration includes Advanced Technologies developed for ProtoMechs. The 'Mech includes three torso mounted Class 4 ProtoMech Autocannons, with 2 tons of ammunition split between two torsos. Pair of ER Medium Lasers have been in each of the arm actuators. Two extra Double Heat Sinks been provided for this configuration. BV (2.0) = 1,657
- MUL online date for the Stooping Hawk
- Combat Operations, p. 110
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 240
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 162-163, "Stooping Hawk 'Mech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 241
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 242
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 243
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 244
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 98
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 245
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 246 - Jihad era's F Config of the Stooping Hawk.
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 247 - ProtoMech AC configuration for the Stooping Hawk.