- This article is about the 55-ton Clan OmniMech. For the 75-ton Clan fire-support BattleMech, see Ryoken II.
|Manufacturer||Tokasha MechWorks Gamma|
|Production Year||Introduction Year::2930|
|Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||Model MHO-7E Endo Steel|
|Armor||Compound H17/2 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Fusion 330 XL|
|Communications System||GBX Series Integrated|
|Targeting Tracking System||Tokasha B4-T&T|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
The Stormcrow is a wide-spread, second generation OmniMech fielded by many Clans. However, within the Clan Smoke Jaguar touman, the Stormcrow was especially common during the Clan Invasion and was codenamed the Ryoken（a misspelling of ryōken - hunting dog) by the warriors of the DCMS who encountered it. Because of its versatility through its combination of mobility, armor, and firepower in its various configurations, the Stormcrow is a feared opponent on the battlefield.
The Stormcrow was designed by Clan Hell's Horses and debuted during the Battle of Tokasha. It is also implied that Stormcrow prototypes were produced on Tokasha at Tokasha MechWorks. However, prototypes of the Stormcrow had only just debuted when Clan Ghost Bear won Tokasha through the Battle of Tokasha. As a result of the upheaval, design copies and moulds for the Stormcrow were scattered throughout Clan space. The final production version of the Stormcrow debuted in 2930, when Clan Snow Raven scientists finished with a series of minor design changes and rechristened the OmniMech.
Weapons and Equipment
The Stormcrow is built on a lightweight Endo Steel chassis and is powered by a 330 XL engine that propels it to a top speed of 97.2 km/h. The Stormcrow is protected by nine and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, giving the 'Mech the ability to survive encounters with other units that it isn't capable of outpacing.
The primary configuration of the Stormcrow is capable of engaging an enemy at any range and uses its speed to strike at its target with a great deal of force and evade a counter attack. The 'Mech's primary weapons are a pair of ER Large Lasers allowing the 'Mech to strike at long range. For close combat, the Stormcrow carries three ER Medium Lasers. To handle the heavy heat load, the Stormcrow Prime has twelve double heat sinks on top of the ten mounted in the base chassis.
- Alt. Config. A
- Configured mainly for close combat, the Stormcrow A is armed with a single LRM-20 launcher for long range capabilities; allowing it to support friendly units at long range. For close combat, the 'Mech is armed with four Medium Pulse Lasers and two Streak SRM-6 launchers making it a deadly knife fighter. BV (1.0) = 1,894, BV (2.0) = 2,319
- Alt. Config. B
- Another close combat configuration, the B configuration of the Stormcrow carries a single, deadly Ultra Autocannon/20 as its primary weapon. This is backed up by six ER Medium Lasers. To handle the 'Mech's heat, it has three additional double heat sinks. BV (1.0) = 1,786, BV (2.0) = 2,281
- Alt. Config. C
- The Stormcrow C is armed with some of the most accurate weapons available to the clans. For long range combat, the 'Mech has an LB-X Autocannon/10 that can fire both standard and cluster ammunition. The C configuration also carries a Large Pulse Laser and two Medium Pulse Lasers for short to medium ranges. BV (1.0) = 1,656, BV (2.0) = 1,881
- Alt. Config. D
- A long range support configuration, the Stormcrow D has, as its primary weapons, a pair of LRM-20 launchers. These are backed up by two SRM-2 launchers for close combat. All of these weapons are augmented with an Narc Missile Beacon, which can mark enemy units with a missile homing beacon for increased accuracy. BV (1.0) = 1,698, BV (2.0) = 1,863
- Alt. Config. E
- Capable of engaging an enemy at any range, the Stormcrow E's primary weapons are a pair of ATM-9 launchers. These are capable of firing short, medium, and long range munitions. The launchers are backed up, for added close range firepower, by four ER Small Lasers and two ER Medium Lasers. The 'Mech also carries an Active Probe that allows it to detect any would-be ambushers. BV (1.0) = 1,757, BV (2.0) = 2,113, 2,110
- Alt. Config. F
- This variant uses a pair of arm-mounted Plasma Cannons that increase the target's heat. In addition to its capabilities as an anti-infantry unit, the 'Mech also has a pair of Anti-Personnel Gauss Rifles in each arm, making the Stormcrow F devastating against unarmored infantry. For use against hardened targets, it has four ER Medium Lasers and two ER Small Lasers. BV (2.0) = 2,227
- Alt. Config. H
- A heavy laser-toting version of the primary configuration, the H has, as its main weapons, two Heavy Large Lasers. These are backed up by three ER Medium Lasers. This configuration also carries twelve double heat sinks over the ten on board the base chassis. BV (1.0) = 1,731, BV (2.0) = 2,061
- Ryoken Kotare
- This unique configuration was the personal 'Mech of Star Captain Brone Kotare of Clan Smoke Jaguar when he fought on Asgard during Operation BULLDOG in 3059. The Ryoken Kotare carries a quintet of ER Medium Lasers in the right arm and a pair of Streak SRM-6 launchers in the left torso. The right torso houses a single LRM-20. BV (2.0) = 2,382
- Corvis - The Stormcrow was designed as an OmniMech version of the older Corvis BattleMech, a relatively slow, jump-capable 'Mech used mainly for defense and infantry support.
- Ryoken II - Designed by Clan Ghost Bear, the Ryoken II is an upgraded version of the Stormcrow, weighing 20 tons more than the original. The Ryoken II mounts a mix of LRMs and LB-X autocannons.
Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 128 - Prototypes of the Stormcrow, 'so-called "Omni-Corvises"', debuted during the Battle of Tokasha in 2921. Following the Battle of Tokasha, Clan Ghost Bear gave Clan Snow Raven captured 'technical schematics and components'. Though the components could have been scavenged from battlefield salvage, it is unlikely that Clan Ghost Bear acquired technical schematics on Tokasha if the OmniMech was not under development on this planet.
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, pp. 128-129, "Ryoken OmniMech Profile"
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 71
- Technical Readout: 3050, pp. 26-27, "Ryoken OmniMech Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised, pp. 24-25, "Ryoken OmniMech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 72
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 73
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 74
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 75
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 76
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 77
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 78
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 79
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 80
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 71
- BattleTech: 25 Years of Art & Fiction , p. 177-184, "Cherry Blossoms"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 81
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 152-153
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 144-145