- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Gibson Federated BattleMechs|
|Production Year||Introduction Year::3057|
|Engine||Vlar 300 XL|
|Communications System||Basix 200|
Built due to an awkward exchange of technology between the Free Worlds League and the Word of Blake, the Toyama was designed by Dr. Thaddeus Anable and then given to the Word of Blake through an agreement made by Captain-General Thomas Marik. The Toyama is intended to be a multi-role BattleMech that can operate somewhat independently of supply lines. The 'Mech is built on a lightweight Endo Steel chassis which supports a Vlar 300 XL engine. The Toyama has a top speed of 64.8 km/h, making it capable of keeping pace with most heavy 'Mechs. The Toyama has an impressive twelve tons of Durallex Heavy armor. To dissipate heat, the Toyama carries fourteen double heat sinks. The 'Mech also carries a Garret/Guardian Interface Guardian ECM Suite to protect the 'Mech from advanced enemy electronic warfare systems.
Weapons and Equipment
The Toyama has a Doombud LRM-20 launcher for long range direct and indirect bombardment capabilities. The Toyama also has two Diverse Optics Sunbeam ER Large Lasers and an Imperator Code Red LB-X Autocannon/10, which can fire both standard ammunition and cluster rounds, for long range combat. For close range engagements, the Toyama has three Magna Mk II Medium Lasers.
- This variant on the -1A downgrades the extra-light engine to a light engine that is heavier, but makes the Toyama more durable. All of the weaponry of the -1A is also stripped out and replaced. The LRM was downsized to a Doombud 15-pack and the Medium Lasers were replaced with a pair of Diverse Optics ER Medium Lasers. The autocannon and Large Lasers were replaced with new Blankenburg PPCs that were originally developed by the Draconis Combine: two lights and a heavy. The ECM Suite was replaced with a now-ubiquitous C3i Computer. The new weapons package left enough room to shore up the armor on the arms and legs, as well as include a compact gyro. Sixteen double heat sinks keeps the -1B cooler than the -1A. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 1,788
- An Advanced Tech version of the Toyama that was introduced during the Jihad. The 1C was re-designed as a fire support 'Mech. Its long-range weaponry includes; an Artemis IV-enhanced LRM 20 Launcher with 2 tons of CASE-protected ammunition and a Gauss Rifle with 2 tons of ammunition. For the 'Mech's secondary weaponry, it has two Medium Variable Speed Pulse Lasers mounted in the right arm. The 'Mech has also been equipped with an XL Gyro and retains the original's Endo Steel. BV (2.0) = 1,727 
- Named for Conrad Toyama, the successor to Jerome Blake as Primus of ComStar, and acknowledged founder of the Blakist religion.
- TYM-1C's background is unknown due to the exclusion of fluff for this model. Not known where or when the model was introduced, only the era.
- MUL online date for the Toyama (BattleMech)
- Combat Operations, p. 135
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 198
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 174
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 118-119, "Toyama 'Mech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged , p. 175, "Record Sheet for 1B Variant of the Toyama".
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 176, "Toyama's Advanced Tech version of the Toyama".