|Affiliation||Clan Jade Falcon|
|saKhan of Clan Jade Falcon|
- 1 Character Description
- 2 History
- 3 Titles and Positions
- 4 Battlemechs
- 5 Notes
- 6 Rules
- 7 References
- 8 Bibliography
Uvin was known as a skilled MechWarrior, but his leadership was always suffered from criticism. He was known to ignore criticism, and preferring to have his actions to answer his critics.
Early Life and Career
During Operation Revival, Uvin served as a Star Commander in the 1st Falcon Striker Cluster. In command of Alpha Eye, a Star of Alpha Trinary, he fought key battles during the Invasion. His elite skills gained an reputation during this time for being relentless MechWarrior in combat, exhausting his ammunition before his 'Mech armor protection depleted.
As the Commander of 1st Falcon Striker Cluster
In Wake of the Refusal War
After fighting in the Refusal War had ended, he was able to obtain rank of Star Colonel and became the commander of the Strikers. His Clusters was among first to be nearly fully regain its pre-war strength in short time. However, his promotion was not seen as positive one. Many among the Falcons questioned his tactical abilities as a commander what amount to an inexperienced Cluster.
The Coventry Campaign
In 3058, his unit was selected as part of Khan Martha Pryde's expedition to Lyran world of Coventry. His force first taste of combat against dishonorable Militia forces of Australia, whom would had laid mines and hid its combined-arms force in Outback Woodlands. Uvin's Strikers having accepted batchall, were angered by the militia's tactics, they shortly after destroyed them wherever they found them.
Second Incursion into the Lyran Alliance
In 3064, he and his command would be dispatched with entire Delta Galaxy into the Lyran Alliance as part of Martha Pryde's second blood of inexperience warriors. They would engage forces that had not been involved in the FedCom Civil War, starting with forces on Kikuyu. He would lead his Cluster with the 8th Talon Cluster take Clermont and assist entire expedition in sacking of Lyran strong hold on Melissia. Khan Pryde would send Uvic's Strikers and the Talons secure nearby worlds surrounding Melissa. They would take Medellin after fighting an exhausted regional Militia force, and clash with the Clan Wolf-in-Exile on Blair Atholl. His command would recalled with the Talons aid in fighting Clan Wolf's incursion into the Falcon's Occupation Zone by 3065.
Jihad and Early actions during the War
After the Jihad began, Khan Pryde would again dispatch Delta Galaxy as part of incursion in to the Lyran Alliance in 3068. Uvin still in command of the Strikers would various worlds include Graus. Uvin would lead his forces against Lyran and Clan Wolf-in-Exile forces alike to secure the planet. In course of years, Uvin would bring his unit back to rest of Delta Galaxy to continue taking worlds for the Clan. Fighting would come ahead for him in 3071, when Lyran & WiE troops would end up giving tougher fight on Morges and Great X. The battle would go sour for the entire Delta Galaxy as months long of fighting with Lyran forces would end in rout for the Falcons. The action would gut Delta Galaxy, leaving Uvic's 1st Falcon Strikers its only reported survivors.
After returning back to Occupation Zone, Uvin would need rally his damaged unit to help fight the Clan Ice Hellion invasion of their occupation zone. Intelligence reports of the fight, would record Uvic's parent galaxy was still combat ready enough help play key roll in fighting Hellions until their defeat by April 3072.
In 3076, Khan Martha Pryde would be killed by malfunction in her 'Mechs controls, Uvic's Galaxy Commander and saKhan would win the senior leadership of the Clan. A meeting would be called on Sudeten would call of the Bloodname warriors to choose who would become the saKhan of the Clan. Unexpectedly among his peers, Uvin is elected as saKhan dismay many of his fellow officers. Again in his career, individuals in his Clan word doubt his leadership abilities.
As saKhan of Clan Jade Falcon
Among his new duties, Khan Clees would charge him with rebuilding of Delta Galaxy in wake of fighting of the Jihad. A challenge for him since before he had only operated the unit's day-to-day operations, but never having to restaff/rebuild it.
By 3077, he would have difficulties, due to his insistence in not responding to his critics, but responding to them in actions. On Blackjack gave a state of the clan speech at the Jade Falcon School of Conflict, he would give speech to students. He was unable to answer skeptic Cadets who questioned his speech of a bright future for their Clan and plans for its defense. This encounter would continue ramp up doubts among Falcon leadership of his future.
Delta Galaxy were still in Republic of the Sphere space when the Jade Falcons began launching retaliatory strikes against the Lyran Alliance; the Galaxy rushed back to border, with Uvin keen to reinforce his authority through a successful military assault. Uvin led the First Falcon Striker Cluster and the Fifty-third Battle Cluster in an assault on Graus in 3080, making groundfall in defiance of the heavy fighter defenses in place. Once grounded, he ceded the initiative to the defending Lyran forces, waiting for them to challenge him; instead, the Militia subjected the Falcon forces to relentless artillery and air strikes, breaking open holes in his lines in several places. Uvin's forces were then attacked by Rubinsky's Light Horse, a mercenary unit in Lyran employ, who killed Uvin and others of the command staff during the attack. The two Clusters retreated off world, and Delta Galaxy would subsequently erode its combat strength further through a series of internal trials seeking to apportion blame for the defeat - a defeat made all the worse by the successful capture of Graus by the First Falcon Jaegers under the command of the new saKhan and commander of Epsilon Galaxy, Diane Anu.
Titles and Positions
|saKhan of Clan Jade Falcon
3076 – 308?
| Succeeded by|
Uvin was a noted Hellbringer pilot, where he was noted for giving his own catch phase, Never blink when a Hellbringer pilot is around.  However, he was piloting a Summoner when he was killed.
- Uvin Buhallin first appeared in print in Jade Falcon Sourcebook as a Star Commander. His small piece of his background information first appeared in Field Manual: Crusading Clans. Only by Masters and Minions, he would have official profile, with background information which includes a picture of him and some expansion of his background which had only mention in passing in previous sourcebooks.
Master and Minions grants character specific abilities to Uvin. If in combat and in direct command, he can allows any force up to the size of a Cluster to use the force specific ability Banking Initiative. If using the A Time of War RPG system, he is given a +2 to his subordinates rolls when they deal with lower-castemen and Clan's bureaucracy.
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 177 - Rubinsky's Light Horse kills Uvin Buhallin
- Masters and Minions, p. 127, "Uvin Buhallin"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 177
- Masters and Minions, p. 128 - Profile describes his personality as of 3077.
- Jade Falcon sourcebook, p. 70 - Uvin first listed in print as one of the 1st Falcon Striker Cluster's officers, piloting a Loki/Hellbringer.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorp Dossiers, p. 128 - Uvin's profile mentions his abilities when he was younger.
- Operational Turning Points: Falcon Incursion, p. 21 - First Falcon Striker noted as the recommended attacks of Australia, under the command of Uvin Buhallin.
- Field Manual: Crusading Clans, p. 101 - 1st Falcon Striker Cluster, Uvin's exploits on Coventry briefly noted, improving his reputation.
- Masters and Minions, p. 128 - Uvin Buhallin's Profile describes how Uvin would end up becoming Samantha Clees' unofficial aide and help to run Delta Galaxy for two decades.
- FedCom Civil War sourcebook, p. 110, 115, 117-118, 120, 185-186 - Falcon Incursion (3064) - 1st Falcon Striker Cluster's action with Uvin Buhallin in command during the Falcon's 3064 Incursion into the Lyran Alliance and against the Crusader Wolves.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 49 - Delta Galaxy noted fighting in the Incursion and liberating worlds from Crusader aligned Clan Wolf.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 29 LAAF Rallies after stunning Clan Assault on Graus - Adam Steiner press conference, mentions the 1st Falcon Striker's efforts on the Graus in 3068 which would lead to the Falcon's victory.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 12 Timeline - Morges assaulted by Clan Jade Falcon in February 3071.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 48 Falcons Return to Great X, Zanderij - Uvic's First Falcon Strikers noted escaping Great X after the destruction of the rest of Delta Galaxy.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 12 Timeline of the Jihad - January 13th, Great X invasion by Clan Jade Falcon noted as a quagmire.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, pp. 28-30 - Operation Ice Storm - Delta Galaxy fights the Ice Hellion invasion until its end in March 3072.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 71 Khan Marthe Pryde Slain! - Khan Pryde's death, rise of Uvin's boss Clees leads to his rise to become saKhan.
- Masters and Minions, p. 127-128 - Elevation to saKhan surprising many a of Clee's choice.
- Masters and Minions, p. 127-128, 136 - Uvin charged in rebuilding Delta Galaxy, while he still suffers from Individuals doubt about his political leadership abilities are noted in his bio.
- Masters and Minions, p. 128 - Profile describes his bio of his ill-fated speech at Jade Falcon School of Conflict.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 118, "Delta Galaxy"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 177 - Rubinsky's Light Horse fight that led to the death of Uvin Buhallin and some his command staff.
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 177
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorp Dossiers, p. 258 Notable Personalities Skills and Special abilities - Uvin Buhallin's unique abilities.
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook)
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Manual: 3085
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- The Falcon and the Wolf
- The Battle of Coventry
- The Wars of Reaving